February Forum Game - A Lovely Slow Scrap

ValerieT

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Week 4 Task 2

Creating a white space LO doesn't mean the "white space" has to be boring! Find a SS paper to use as a background and color it to go with your photos. If you don't have SS you can recolor another paper.

If you need help coloring paper templates, here are some articles from the blog:

Three Ways to Color Paper Templates in Photoshop Elements

Using Gradients in Photoshop Elements to Color Papers, Embellishments, and Photos

Scrapbooking Ideas: Polish Your Scrapbook Paper with Levels

So far, so good on my layout. Let's see what today's task brings...

Task 3

Embellishment time! Add embellishments of your choice and scatter them around the photo(s). Make sure to leave white space on your layout. Move your pieces around until they are pleasing to you.

So sorry, it completely slipped my mind this morning! Possibly because it one of the things I am the worst at when it comes to scrapbooking.

Week 4 Task 4

Here is another challenge for you…. Journaling! Create your journaling in a list format. It can be a numbered or bullet list or just descriptive words scattered around your photos and embellishments.

Caught up!

Task 1 - seven photos of Galapagos sea lions, clustered together in a corner;

Task 2 - a bit of cheating: background border: EBA_Mermaid Mystique_Ppr-brown; large mat for center of background: CRO_Shabby Shores_Ppr5, used for color, clipped to ASO_FarEast_SSPaper-Torn. I copied the torn edge and layered it over the colored paper.

Task 3 - CRO_WoodjaCouldja_frames 7, 12 & 13, used as mats behind photos; assorted embellishments from AFT_Beachcomber, BMU_Coastal and Seascape, and JRA Remembering summer.

Task4 - journaling added as photo labels and date/location information, leaving about 3/4 of the page unadorned.

Looking forward to tasks 5 & 6!

Archived