Picasa

riandei

I got some advice here a while back regarding picasa for organizing my stash.

I loaded Picasa but feel I wasn't very prudent on organizing my stuff into Picasa.

Can I delete Picasa and then re down load it and start over ???

thanks for any info or advice you can offer.

(i can never find anything when looking for it)

now that I know picasa a bit better (not great but better) I feel I could organize my self better

thanks

I know what you mean...for me it actually looks like my Craft room :wacko: I know there are those that just love it and swear by it but I must confess I am missing something...I do use it tho for some basic photo editing alot.....I find it is REALLLLLY slow...bet that is my fault too LOL

I got some advice here a while back regarding picasa for organizing my stash.

I loaded Picasa but feel I wasn't very prudent on organizing my stuff into Picasa.

Can I delete Picasa and then re down load it and start over ???

thanks for any info or advice you can offer.

(i can never find anything when looking for it)

now that I know picasa a bit better (not great but better) I feel I could organize my self better

thanks

Hi Eileen,

I use Picasa and LOVE it. You don't have to organize anything or tag anything. I mainly use it to search for supplies. If you aren't familiar with how Picasa works, here's a great tutorial that may be helpful to you: Using Picasa to Organize Your Scrap Supplies. HTH :)

I had trouble with mine in the beginning! I finally went through the blog post Theresa mentioned STEP by STEP. (I'm not sure what I "fixed") And it works beautifully!! I do not think you need to delete Picasa and start over. It is most likely what files and file types you have it scan (or not scan).

I have face detection turned off and I don't scan my photos, just my supplies. I can now type "pink" and it brings up pink everything...flowers, frames, jewels!! I really love it. Hang in there. I feel like it is worth the effort for you to figure it out!

thanks for the reply ... I'm really trying to spend some time using it and organize it into better folders ...not sure if this matters ...but when i search say 'word art' I know I have more supplies than what shows up ... so then I have to go search my computer on FINDER to locate ...

or if I search PAPER... it shows me elements...and paper combined

I'm losing my MOJO ... :(

• 3 weeks later...

Been having trouble with my ACDSee photo manager and thought I would try Picasa after all the chatter. Well, now I've done it. Took 14 hours to run and only did scrap stuff. But the awful part is I can see how much I have, 480,410 files!!!! Can't buy any more :angry2: I have enough to last the rest of my life and never use an item more than once!!! At least ACDSee never told me how much I had totally. Can you run two sets of Picasa? I would like to have a separate one for my photos and/or Genealogy docs.

Archived