Gimphoto

Deb

All of the designers here offer PNG files with the brush sets. So, even if your program can't utilize the .ABR file, if your program can open PNG files, you will be able to use those just like brushes. They can be resized, used as a mask, used as an eraser or cut-out; they can be colored/re-colored, and adjusted via blend modes and opacity. The only limitation that you will have is that you will be unable to "scatter" them, or use them in a dynamic fashion.

The product description will say if the PNG files accompany the brush set (though they almost always do). But if you are unsure before you purchase an item whether or not the PNG files are included, you can always email the designer.

Hope this helps and welcome to Scrap Girls! :)

It's like Gimp except it can accept raw photo's and all the photoshop plugins. I had actually downloaded an earlier version of gimp and when I went back to do a search to find the current one I saw gimphoto. Went to the site and decided to download it instead. So far I like it.

Thanks for the help with the brushes. I will get the pngs.

Hello to everyone and I am glad to be here.

Just wanted to add that I did not know the abr files would work in gimp. I think if they work in gimp they will work in gimphoto. Will experiment and see what happens. Thanks a bunch for all the help and the welcomes.

Just wanted to add that I did not know the abr files would work in gimp. I think if they work in gimp they will work in gimphoto. Will experiment and see what happens. Thanks a bunch for all the help and the welcomes.

You will have to let us know if they work! How exciting for you!

Jennifer has a good point also. Sometimes I just use the included .png files instead of installing the .abr files. SHHH. Don't tell anyone! ;)

Welcome to ScrapGirls!!

Well I am excited. The abr brushes do work. So it looks like everything that works in photoshop works in gimphoto. Sooo I can order anything here with no limits. I am dancing and laughing and just whirling around and around.

Thanks so much for all the help

Deb

Archived