East Coast Mad Scrappers Meet-Up

lorac

Okay, it's time to get some dates for when we want to meet for this fun filled weekend. We're looking at October so that we can take a Fall Foliage Cruise up the Hudson. The weather is usually pretty good in October. Cool, but no snow. So you can leave your skis home.

Please sign up in this thread what weekend is good for you. This way we can get a count as to how many are planning on attending and what weekend works best for us.

Mad scrappers?? Yup, that sounds about right, LOL. I'm definitely one of you. :D We are usually in NJ for our granddaughter's birthday on the 25th. We would be at her party (not sure yet if that is Saturday or Sunday). Choose the weekend that is best for all, but If the timing works out, I'll join you!

At this point I have no plans...with a grandchild arriving early September we will be done boating so I would love to attend with my trusty laptop!!!

I don't know what my schedule will be like in October. That's after the current softball season, but during the next one if Lauren makes the team (a higher age group). I'll watch the thread, but don't worry about including me in your numbers for now.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like we only have four Mad Scrappers interested in attending, not including me. If no one else signs up we'll have to forget about the weekend. So please sign up if you are interested and give a date that is good for you in October.

Hmmm, I'm definitely interested, but can't make any promises yet. If I will be able to attend, I'm sure any dates that work for others will be okay for me. :clapping_kitty:

Anyway, I'll be following the thread.

Okay, I picked the weekend of October 23rd. I'll call a few hotels and see what kind of rates we can get. With only four or five gals attending, we will have to use one of our rooms for the scrapping. Unlike the ones that I attended before where we had about 20 and we used one of their large community rooms. So lets sign up ladies and I'll start to make some calls. Maybe we can get one 'suite' that we can all stay in and use for scrapping. Who would be coming in on Friday? Or is everyone coming in Saturday? Who will be leaving on Sunday or is anyone interested in staying over till Monday. I know for those who work, that might be a problem.

Is everyone interested in going on the Fall Foliage Cruise on the Hudson? That would have to be on Saturday. What else is of interest: Botanical Garden, trip into New York City, Sleepy Hollow, etc.

Let me know.

Carol, I'm sorry I haven't responded, I am hoping to be able to make this and secretly planning on it but just can't totally commit yet. We most likely will have a family birthday one of those days so I might not make every day, but I would also most likely I would be a commuter so it shouldn't cause a problem room - wise!

Marilyn and I have the same family birthday that weekend. The good news: I'll be in NJ not Florida so I'm almost certain I can join you mad folk. :) The iffy news is I don't know yet when the birthday celebration will take place, just that it is sometime that weekend. I'll keep in touch as time gets closer. Like Marilyn, I'll most likely commute, though, if the party is Sunday, maybe I can join the scrapping fun on both Friday and Saturday and will get a hotel room. Sorry to be so up-in-the-air, but I'm not the one planning the birthday party so I have to wait and see.

This sounds like a lot of fun, whether 5 or 50 gals!

I will probably come in on Saturday, unless you decide to schedule something for Saturday morning. I'll definitely have to leave Sunday. Work always gets in the way.

If we do the Fall Foliage Cruise, that will be on Saturday morning. I don't know the exact time, as I don't think they have their schedule up this far in advance. They might have a Sunday cruise. I'll check and see what is listed, if anything.

Circle used to have a great cruise, but for some unknown reason they don't anymore. Last year my friends and I went with 'The Upper Class' on a Fall Cruise and it was really nice. We stopped at West Point for a wonderful lunch, included in the tour price, at The Thayer Hotel. I'll check with them and see what the cost is for the cruise or if there are any other cruises. The Thayer Hotel has no rooms available for October.

Just check The Upper Class and they don't have anything listed yet for October. Last year the cost was about $119 per person. This included; bus pickup and drop off, cruise director, cruise up the Hudson, brunch at The Thayer Hotel at West Point (which was incredible and delicious), and lots of sights to see along the way.

Count me in ...probably arrive friday and leave on sunday. Foliage tour sounds great.

• 2 months later...

Well, I've got bad news about the meet-up. I'm going to have to drop out. I've got to go to Los Angeles this year, hopefully, to clean out my storage unit. I've got to send what's left, and that's a lot of stuff, back here to New York. The cost for the moving of my goods is absolutely outrageous and will cost over $6,000, but it's got to be done. So every penny will be needed for the trip.

• 4 months later...

What a nuisance for you! I hope all goes smoothly. I was wondering what was going on with this as I've been so inactive here lately. Thanks for all your efforts. Maybe we can make it work another time.

I was in Los Angeles last month. Closed down my storage unit. Movers (Shleppers) came and they will be delivering my stuff this Thursday the 22nd. :whew: It's all done, except for making room for my desk and all of the boxes. I have a storage room in the building where I'll be putting most of the boxes. Then I can empty them out one at a time. There's about 30 boxes on the truck and some I'll have the movers bring upstairs to my apartment. I have a walk-in closet in the dining room where I've made room for some and I'll put the rest behind the couch for now and some in my bedroom along with my desk and lamps and posters. Going to be a busy week. :dancing_penguin:

Archived