Weekend Challenge 2/21/15

MariJ

One of the many categories of Oscar nominations is "Best Animated Feature Film" and who can forget the huge sensation Disney's "Frozen" created on its way to winning the 2014 Academy Award. While much of Frozen's success was attributed to its music and strong female characters, critics also praised the beauty of its Nordic inspired scenery. As Elsa sings the blockbuster "Let It Go" (also Best Song winner), she creates gorgeous ice castles and crystals primarily in icy shades of blue and white.

So, on this Oscar Eve I challenge you to create a layout using shades of blue and white - with an added twist of gold for Elsa's crown and the Oscar statue!

When you are finished, please post your completed layout in the Weekend Challenge Gallery

and post a link back here in this thread.

You can watch Elsa create beautiful music and color on YouTube here - "Let It Go"

Here's my layout:

The Perfect Snowball

Here is my LO Hartebeespoort

Hartbeespoort, informally also known as "Harties", is a small resort town in the North West Province of South Africa, situated on the slopes of the Magaliesberg mountain and the banks of the Hartbeespoort Dam. The name of the town means "gateway of the hartbees" (a species of antelope) in Afrikaans.

Archived