Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lorene

Boost Putting Ads All Over My Page

My page keeps getting covered, totally covered in ads by "Boost". (It takes whatever the Scrapgirl image I have clicked on and does its own search and suggestions). Research says that this is a non-malware company designed to "enhance" the shopping experience. I have tried deleting it in the Control Panel. It doesn't show it there any more. But I am still getting all the ads. Any suggestions?

It is Adware. It has probably installed an add-on or plug-in to your browser(s). You'll need to uninstall it in the control panel and deactivate it and remove it from your browsers.

I've had this happen many times. You need to uninstall it like April said above. Good luck.

Hi Lorene!

You dont say if you are on a mac or a pc.

If you have a PC do a search on the internet for a company called piriform. I wont link it because it may contravene the TOS. When at piriforms site, download and run a program called Ccleaner. Just install the basic option and then run an analysis and a clean. Once the first pass is done, Clean the registry (its the second option down) and when thats finished shut down and re-start your system. That should clear up the issue, hopefully!

Hi Lorene!

You dont say if you are on a mac or a pc.

If you have a PC do a search on the internet for a company called piriform. I wont link it because it may contravene the TOS. When at piriforms site, download and run a program called Ccleaner. Just install the basic option and then run an analysis and a clean. Once the first pass is done, Clean the registry (its the second option down) and when thats finished shut down and re-start your system. That should clear up the issue, hopefully!

This is the cleaner I use on ALL my pcs!!

I have deleted it in many times in the control panel. The most it has worked is maybe two days. Even when it does not show in the control panel I am still getting the ads. I have tried the CCleaner. It did not work. I have deleted the browser history. I don't want to give up browsing through Scrapgirls, but this is getting too frustrating. It is like they are coming in on the Scrapgirl link.

By the way these instructions might help someone who is trying to delete the browser history.

1. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button . In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.
  2. Click the Tools button , point to Safety, and then click Delete browsing history. If you don't want to delete the cookies and files associated with websites in your favorites list, select the Preserve Favorites website data check box.
  3. Select the check box next to each category of information you want to delete.
  4. Click Delete

I don't want to give up browsing through Scrapgirls, but this is getting too frustrating. It is like they are coming in on the Scrapgirl link.

Boost is an adware/malware program that is commonly bundled with other free programs downloaded off of the Internet. It integrates into the web browser. Boost is advertised as a program that displays coupons for sites you are visiting. That is why is seems like it is coming in on the Scrapgirls site. Boost injects ads into any web pages you visit. Random text is turned into hyperlinks. Popups appear which recommend fake updates or other software. All so the Boost publisher can generate pay-per-click revenue. :angry2:

To get rid of Boost requires several actions, some of which you have taken already. I suspect they may have to be done in a certain order and one immediately after another. I saw some blog articles about how to remove Boost when I googled remove ads by boost. Check those out and good luck!