Which Tablet To Buy?

PamelaZ

Hi Pamela!

I don't know if this applies in the States, but over here, the Wacom BAMBOO range is a good starting point. They come in a couple of sizes. Also we have the Intuos series. They are generally bigger (hence more expensive!) but have more functionality built into them.

The one I use is a Wacom Intuos 5 touch, The area covered by the active part of the tablet is A5 in size, but the device is a good size bigger. Any of the current range of Wacoms should work with CS4. It all dpeneds on how much space you have and your budget.

HTH

Dave

• 4 years later...

I use the Wacom Intuos art tablet. It is a decent tablet for the price, I paid $60 for it a few years back. It takes some getting used to but if you can figure out the grid system on  it things get much easier. The pen is great, pressure sensitive and very smooth on the tablet. 

now I’m using a XP-Pen Artist 12 Pro art tablet with screen and have to say wacom and XP-Pen both have their advantages, 
Personally, Artist 12 Pro seems more nature and uses a stylus on screen.