Too Many Styles/actions & A Brush Question, Too?

Hi all! I finally installed a bunch of styles (14 that I've had sitting around, waiting) and 4 new actions and I probably should've asked this BEFORE, but...is this going to cause a slow down like installing a bunch of brushes would? If so, how do you just temporarily use styles without actually loading them?

Also, I have PSE13 and wonder how you go about dragging brushes into the workspace instead of installing them? Most of the time, I drag them but can't find it at the bottom of the brush list so I repeat & eventually see the set is there several times...is there something I'm missing? Does the brush tool need to be active before/after dragging the set or does it matter? I was so happy at the drag & drop brush option but I'm obviously missing SOMETHING! ;)

Thanks!

First, I'm unfamiliar with PSE13. With that said, I'm not sure that you can load styles (in any version) "temporarily". (If I understand your question....) SURELY someone with knowledge will be along soon with some tips!

I used to be able to drag and drop with PSE11 but I noticed it does not always work with PSE13. Maybe one brush will drag over. It's very hit and miss. I don't want my brushes in the program and just keep them on the desktop.

I go to the preset manager, see to it that I am on brushes and then select 'Append'. It will add the brushes to the bottom of the default brushes and stay there until you close the program. That's how I use it now. As long as I don't 'save' the set.

It takes a wee bit longer but still works fine. HTH.

Archived