#1 caprimom

caprimom

I'm a pixel crafter!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,184 posts
  • Personal Statement:live. laugh. love.

Posted 22 November 2006 - 06:26 PM

One night I couldn't go to sleep because my heart was aching so badly it wouldn't let me drift into slumberland. Having nothing else to do, I decided to create a LO about it. It was quite cathartic and I was able to get to sleep after creating this page.

Green Eyes

#2 ruralscrapper

ruralscrapper

Too Much Chattin, Not Enough Scrappin!

• Members
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 06:31 PM

I saw your lo ... sad.. but sometimes u know just getting that stuff out helps to heal us. I had a hard time doing a layout about meeting my "real" family, but finally did one..glad I did.. I think I've lost some of my guilt now. I know 2 totally different situations but I finally documented it and maybe I can move on.. u know what I mean?
My Gallery

Paths clear before those who know where they're going and are determined to get there. -- Leonard Roy Frank
Posted Image

#3 caprimom

caprimom

I'm a pixel crafter!

• Members
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 06:41 PM

I saw your lo ... sad.. but sometimes u know just getting that stuff out helps to heal us. I had a hard time doing a layout about meeting my "real" family, but finally did one..glad I did.. I think I've lost some of my guilt now. I know 2 totally different situations but I finally documented it and maybe I can move on.. u know what I mean?

I know what you mean Patti. I think the hardest part is letting it out--it's so scary but what's really scary is what it will do to you if you keep it all inside. Believe me, I learned the hard way..lol. I'm just glad that scrapbooking is another outlet I can use to release my emotions.

P.S. You're a fast responder! I didn't expect such a quick response..lol

#4 amandaUK

amandaUK

Scrapper Next Door

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 06:56 PM

Oh, I want to give you a hug, Ashleigh! All I can say from experience is that the right one turns up eventually. The scrap is amazing. I really admire people who can let out their emotions in a creative way that is healing. As for me, what I do is escapism most of the time. HUGZ
My (little!) Gallery

'Scrapping' ~ our digital prozac!

#5 caprimom

caprimom

I'm a pixel crafter!

• Members
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 10:14 PM

Thanks for the hug Amanda! I used to be a major escapist. I still escape sometimes but I find life more interesting (for lack of a better word) to fully experience all the emotions life throws at me, including the heartbreakingly depressing ones. It's hard to do but you feel more free after you do it.

#6 Ro

Ro
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2006 - 11:57 PM

I know that it has helped me many times! Many times! You can see a few of those in my gallery. It has felt like a big burden was lifted just to get it down on the page. Often, it takes a whole series of them to help me work through what I am feeling - to get to the bottom of it all.

I think that your layout really conveys the emotion that you were feeling and it was special that you shared it with us.

#7 momentousangel

momentousangel

Hope You Have A Happy Scrappy Day!

• Members
  • 5,788 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 03:11 AM

It always helps me in many ways, some that I may not really understand at the time, but it really is theraputic. Having said that, a lot of my journaling is how I get out what I feel inside. Letting those feelings out instead of keeping them hidden away does wonders. Your lo seems to express how you feel and that in itself really does help to get through your feelings. Thanks so much for sharing.
Posted Image

To have a friend is to have a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold and an extra pair of legs when yours are too weak to stand alone...

I have been living buried in books and writing classes... as an added note I must say that it is rather scary when you start dreaming and all you can see within your dreams is words floating everywhere!

Posted Image
Valerie Lynn Harrell is the published author of a book of poetry, titled "A Little Girl Lost... Was Found Through Her Writing"

#8 sprinklz

sprinklz

Scrap Girls Rocks!

• Members
  • 11,838 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 04:12 AM

Hugs to you Ashleigh for sharing such a personal LO! I'm sure it's much like journaling - letting the feelings out is such a relief even if no one else ever sees or hears your words!

Good luck finding the right man - one that will appreciate you for all your beauty inside and out!

#9 chickypow

chickypow

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 10:15 AM

awwwe...I don't know you (yet!) but can already tell from looking at your LO's that you are a sensitive, kind, creative, beautiful woman and your LO here made me tear up a bit.

I think scrapping can be ALMOST better than retail therapy!! It helps to get the emotions out from the bottle that we often put them all in.

I know that you will meet that guy who not only makes YOUR heart twitterpated, but that will be all a flutter over wonderful YOU too!
Erin and Noah
Noah is now 2.5 Years Old!!
When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Posted Image

#10 caprimom

caprimom

I'm a pixel crafter!

• Members
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 07:38 PM

Thank you all for your kind words. I really appreciate it. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who finds scrapping therapeutic.
Also, I must say that I felt comfortable sharing such a personal LO with you all because in the little time that I've been here, I've seen how wonderful and supportive you all are. So, thank you :-).

#11 Ursula

Ursula

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 01:18 PM

Good for you Ashleigh, letting it out in art. It is a healing thing, and really makes for dynamic layouts besides. I say, keep doing it. I know my emotions come out frequently this way as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users