Help With Globe Collage

Does anyone know how to fit the pictures under the globe base sections like Jody West's Mum's 40th birthday layout? I know how to use the clipping mask to slide the picture into the slot but can't get it behind the cross bar. I already did a similar layout using a picture that took up two spaces but had to erase the cross bars, instead of leaving them across the front. Not sure this makes sense. Thanks Pat

Hi Pat! I went back and looked at what I did so let's see if we can figure this out for you :-)

I clipped all my photos individually then flattened each and then merged the squares that were all part of the same bigger image... looking back I should have just merged the squares first then clipped then flattened - it would give the same result!

That said, with all the squares I needed now merged, the base layer just showed through from underneath...

I think the key thing here is to clip and flatten then merge layers/merge layers, clip and flatten to get the effect I did.

The base layer should show through, but please let me know if it doesn't and I will see what we can do to sort it out, that template is super fun and I would love to see what you make with it!

It is indeed a cool template, and I love Jody's treatment for it. I have a question for Jody. In the parts of the globe that don't have photos, what did you use to create the illusion of depth and sparkle? Was that another photo, or did you make a square-ish image? And how did you tweak them to fit the curvature of the globe? The result is amazing!

It is indeed a cool template, and I love Jody's treatment for it. I have a question for Jody. In the parts of the globe that don't have photos, what did you use to create the illusion of depth and sparkle? Was that another photo, or did you make a square-ish image? And how did you tweak them to fit the curvature of the globe? The result is amazing!

I wondered about the depth and sparkle too, Jo and when I looked at Jody's credits and checked out the "ASO_SSTools_Foiled" it appears to be that tool, which of course jumped right onto my wishlist.

I just said goodnight to Jody so I know she won't see this until tomorrow but I will alert her to your question.

Really is an amazing page.

Archived