Art Journaling Chat & Challenge 9Pm Et Monday March 16Th

MariJ

It's time for the March edition of the Art Journaling Chat. Are you interested in learning digital Art Journaling? Excited about the layouts you've already created and anxious to make more? Join Marilyn (MariJ) and Jody (Jode2771) in the chat room on Monday, March 16th at 9 PM ET for an Art Journaling Chat and Challenge. We will discuss the basics of Art Journaling and at the end of the chat provide a prompt for starting a page. Syndee Nuckles is graciously providing a surprise for all who attend the chat! Come join the fun and talk about Art Journaling -- you might even find yourself motivated to try a layout! Hope to see you there.

PLEASE NOTE: We are conscious that ScrapGirls live in all parts of the globe, so our aim is to alternate months and times. So while this is an evening ET chat, (therefore morning for some members) next month we will schedule an early ET Chat in order to make it easier for other time zones.

We will update this thread afterwards with the Art Journaling prompt, along with any tips or points we discussed. Come join the fun and talk about ideas and Art Journaling!

Here's my layout:

Weather

and Here's

Jody's layout

AFTER CHAT UPDATE

During the chat we discussed the basics of Art Journaling.

Art Journaling is like keeping a written journal, except it's made with art, not words. We suggest not using photos because then it's easy to revert into a 'usual' Digital LO page; so instead use meaningful symbols or graphics/embellishments to express your thoughts -- along with words or phrases.

For example, you could use a cartoon little girl to represent yourself or heart to show love or maybe even a vivid, busy background to show excitement! You can use journaling, word art or even "hide" your journaling if it's too personal. And, since these symbols and words are personal to YOU! NOTHING is ever "wrong". Art Journaling is personal, "All About YOU" & has no rules - "anything goes".

PROMPT

This month's prompt is:

"Get Inside The Weather"

With the crazy weather experienced in all parts of the world, we're taking our cue from the universe for this month's prompt and would like you to scrap a weather condition.

There are so many possibilities to choose from - sun, rain, wind, clouds, cold, hot, humid, stormy, tropical, snowy, fog, balmy, clear, etc - to name a few! You don't have to scrap your actual current weather, but can pick one you wish for or maybe even identify with.

Some ideas are:

What kind of weather are you right now or what do you wish to be? BE the weather.

Pick a weather condition. How does it feel, look like, smell, or taste - what kind of energy or color does it have?

Start with a background that feels like your weather. Add special symbols, word art and/or journaling and play! Have fun. :)

Basic Steps to an Art Journaling Page:

Think about the prompt and how it feels to you. When you have an idea, create a background (templates or background blenders are helpful). Choose colors or backgrounds with the "feel" of your idea. Although some scrappers shared that they start with the pieces first.

Choose relevant special symbols and word art or create journaling to express what you want to show. Throw them all on your background and PLAY!

We were happy to see some new scrappers at the chat willing and excited to try Art Journaling.

Carla was kind enough to find the posting tips for us in this link -

Uploading to the Gallery

Please feel free to post any questions or thoughts in this thread or PM Jody or I.

Have fun and can't wait to see your pages!

Thanks to everyone for coming and participating! :)

sorry, I was unable to attend the chat. The prompt sound very interesting.

Sorry I missed the chat. I'm addicted to Dancing with the Stars, and last night was the premier of the new season; didn't end until 10 PM EDT. I'll put on my thinking cap and see what I can imagine for this prompt.

• 3 weeks later...

Did I miss the submission time for this art journaling challenge? Just wondered when they are due. I'm trying very hard to get myself back to the Scrap Girls I so love and what better way than art journaling, which is my favorite way of scrapping! The weather? I'll have to think about that one if I'm not too late to submit a layout. I'll wait to hear from someone. I miss you all so much!

Did I miss the submission time for this art journaling challenge? Just wondered when they are due. I'm trying very hard to get myself back to the Scrap Girls I so love and what better way than art journaling, which is my favorite way of scrapping! The weather? I'll have to think about that one if I'm not too late to submit a layout. I'll wait to hear from someone. I miss you all so much!

Hi Sara,

We've missed you too. There is never a deadline for the Art Journaling Challenge - the Gallery is always open!

Whenever you'd like to create and post a layout is ok and layouts are always welcome. :)

Thank you, Marilyn! Even though April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month, here is my layout for March. I so love art journaling and look forward to the next one!

Well, shoot! I just looked back and realized this was supposed to be about the weather.........yikes! Well, maybe I can describe Sexual Assault Awareness Month as a climate in which we should all be aware and prepared to know something about it - one never knows when a friend may need our help after going through a crisis such as an assault. The sky is usually very dark for a victim and there are always clouds hanging over a victim's head as they go through the motions of trying to deal with their emotions, yet the sunshine does eventually come out and shines upon them bringing healing relief.

:wub:

Thank you, Marilyn! Even though April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month, here is my layout for March. I so love art journaling and look forward to the next one!

Well, shoot! I just looked back and realized this was supposed to be about the weather.........yikes! Well, maybe I can describe Sexual Assault Awareness Month as a climate in which we should all be aware and prepared to know something about it - one never knows when a friend may need our help after going through a crisis such as an assault. The sky is usually very dark for a victim and there are always clouds hanging over a victim's head as they go through the motions of trying to deal with their emotions, yet the sunshine does eventually come out and shines upon them bringing healing relief.

:wub:

Sara, any Art Journaling layout is always welcome in the Art Journaling Gallery - it doesn't have to be specific to that month's Chat and Challenge.

Next chat is this coming Tuesday at 9pm, hope to see you there! :)

Archived