Another Cardmaking Question..

DaveUK

Hi Gang!

I have another question..

When I print my base card, I'm using 300 - 330 gsm card (I'm sorry I don't know the poundage). Should I be printing any embellishments that "stand proud" of the base card from the same heavy card or should it be lighter weight stock?

I've tried a couple of things, but I don't know if its the shape/size of the embellishment or the weight (or lack of weight) thats giving me issues such as the embs coming off the card etc. (And yes, I'm using more adhesive lol!)

What do you do?

Cheers

I agree with Aggie, probably an adhesive issue. I've seen cards with wooden embellishments that don't come off, so try something different to adhere the embellishments. Not sure if you can get these easily in England, but I've used Aleene's Tacky Glue, Tombow's Multi Mono liquid glue, or for dimension, foam tape (I think it's Scotch brand).

Thanks Aggie & Carla! I'll test out some other adhesives. Might be a case of under or over application - you know how heavy-handed us blokes can be! lol!

I would give the same advice with changing the glue. I also use pop dots. They are very strong. Let us know how it goes. We'd live to see photos of your cards.

Archived