April Hybrid Atc Swap

CRS

Have you noticed that film makers are recreating a lot of fairy tales lately? With the release of my favorite fairy tale, Cinderella, I was inspired to use that as our theme for this round of hybrid atc's!! So, this month's theme is Fairy Tales!!

If you are interested in joining us, here are some things to know:

The best way to do this seems to be to buy the 9 slot baseball trading card holders. They are designed to fit into a standard 3 ring binder. You can fold the sheets in thirds and fit them into a business sized envelope. Please include return postage in one of the slots, allowing for an extra ounce in case participants are especially exuberant with their bling. If it's not needed, I will return it with your goodies. Also please include a self-addressed envelope. We've found that the larger 6x9 envelopes work better than business sized envelopes but the postage rate is the same. When you mail the envelope to me, the post office people will tell you if there's a non-machinable surcharge. A great hint is to use your own address as the return address in case it gets "returned" for any reason.

Sign up in this thread by April 16th. On the 17th, I'll PM you all my address and how many cards you need to make. Please try to have your finished cards to me by the end of May . If I get them all early, I'll send them back out earlier.

Who's with me???

Carla

Lauren

Kelly

Laura

Ann

Monica

Lei

Andrea-Rose

Brooke

Karen

Jackson

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome! I'm still trying to convince my DS#3. He loves looking at them and he loves art. He's just not quite brave enough yet. :)

Brooke is going to need a lot of help from me. She's only used Photoshop once. What I do with Lauren (and I'll do with Brooke) is let them come up with an idea, then show them what is available in the Boutique (or my silhouette cut files) to make their idea work. I help with the digital part, printing and trimming, then let Lauren do the rest. Works good that way for us!

Awesome! I'm still trying to convince my DS#3. He loves looking at them and he loves art. He's just not quite brave enough yet. :)

Brooke is going to need a lot of help from me. She's only used Photoshop once. What I do with Lauren (and I'll do with Brooke) is let them come up with an idea, then show them what is available in the Boutique (or my silhouette cut files) to make their idea work. I help with the digital part, printing and trimming, then let Lauren do the rest. Works good that way for us!

Please tell Brooke that we will love anything that her hands make. Hope she has fun with it.

Lauren does a wonderful job -- I loved her handwriting on the last card as well as the "sparkle" work. Great that the girls want to participate.

Oh, I am sorry I am missing this, but don't think I'd be able to create these right now.

I LOVE that there are young artists participating, I love the ones of Lauren's that I have.

Sure hope you will post their creations for all of us to see!

Well, Jackson has an idea and is running with it. Just a word of warning, he likes gradients and sparkles! :D

Now I just have to figure out what I want to do...

Mine are finished, resting in their plastic pods, in an envelope addressed to Carla. They will go into the Mail on Friday, after we have a final number. I am so looking forward to the creations of the youngsters! Pack on that glitter!!

How exciting to have Brooke and Jackson joining us this round!! I always love Lauren's cards ... what fun!! As for you early birds ... I have no clue yet where I'm going with this ...

Sorry I didn't send out the PM's yesterday. It was one thing after another all day long....

We have 11 swappers, so make 11 and send me 10. I'll PM everyone (except early bird Ann, lol!) my mailing address later today. Our softball team is hosting a tournament and it's a full weekend thing. It's going to be crazy!

I have 99% of mine figured out ... just one little aspect I'm not sure about .... but it will come. I have enough to get started!

Archived