How To Add Brushes In Pse 13?

Belle

• I know how to temporarily add brushes to PSE 13 Windows8) but not how to make it permanent. I want to add my few favourites. The path in 11 was: C> Program File (x86)> Adobe> Presets etc but in 13 I must go to Program Files> Adobe> Photoshop Elements 13> Presets> Brushes. That is the only path there is but it won't allow me to save any brushes there.

Anybody tried this in 13 yet?

I see I can drag and drop them but then I get a long list of brushes. How do I save all the brushes under eg. SG brushes or Dyn Brushes etc?

Not sure about 13 Belle but in 12 you go to your brushes drop down menu, then over to the right is a fly out menu when you click on the 3 little lines... On that list you will see Load Brushes. Select from where your brushes are stored and they will load and be permanent... Not at my computer now so hope this is clear enough?

Belle:

I bought and installed Elements 13 around Christmas 2014. I noticed that I could not load any brushes using the Program File (x86) path you described also. I loaded the brushes I want, including dynamic brushes using the Program File path you described. Installed there, they have worked perfectly for me since I installed them.

Barbara

Hi Belle, I did a little searching on the internet and found this tutorial. According to steps 14-17, you need to copy the brush file (.abr), and paste it into the brush presets folder as you mentioned above: Program Files>Adobe>Photoshop Elements>Presets>Brushes.

Have you tried to copy and paste the .abr files to that location and restarted Photoshop Elements?

Archived