Convert A Massive Amount Of Psd Files To Jpeg

teachinglaffs

Yikes -- I'm not sure how to do it quickly. You wouldn't be able to open more than a few PSD files at once, unless you have a monster processor and lots of RAM. There are some free web-based converters online that do the work for you, but I cannot vouch for their performance or lack of spyware. (Google: fast way to turn PSD files to JPG and you will see lots of options.)

Hopefully, someone will come along with a better answer! :)

I have PSE8 so I don't know if this feature is still found in the newer versions. File| Process Multiple Files... This lets you select all the files in a folder and convert them to high res JPG. However, as Jennifer mentions, assuming your PSD files are huge, the number you can open at any one time is limited by your computer's processor and RAM.

I don't have PSE 13, but version 11 has the File>Process Multiple Files... feature that Linda mentioned. I'm guessing PSE 13 probably has it, but you would need to check.

The ladies are right, MariJ. You can do it in Elements using the menu File>Process multiple files option.

My advice would be to do them in batches putting each batch into a seperate folder. That way it should ease the burden on your computer. Then merge all the folders into one when finished, should you want to.

I use PSE12 and the File>Process Multiple Files is there. I just tried it and it worked fine. Once I figured out where I saved the file to. I have a question: How do you gals save your files? I save my layouts as: 1)PSD layered file, 2)JPEG 72 Res WebSharing, and 3)JPEG 300 Res Printing. If I need to print the file, I use the 300 Res file.

Hi Carol, I do as you do except I don't save the 72 dpi because I figure if I needed one I could always make it from the jpeg. Plus, my email program gives me size choices when emailing pics so for me it's wasted space to save that size.

I use PSE12 and the File>Process Multiple Files is there. I just tried it and it worked fine. Once I figured out where I saved the file to. I have a question: How do you gals save your files? I save my layouts as: 1)PSD layered file, 2)JPEG 72 Res WebSharing, and 3)JPEG 300 Res Printing. If I need to print the file, I use the 300 Res file.

Carol, I do the same and add "-web" to the name of the 600x600, 72 res version I post here.

If you haven't already gotten this done... Record an action, saving a PSD as a JPG, setting the quality to high, and then closing it. Put all your PSDs into one folder, with nothing else. Then using the Batch/Automate, select that folder as the source, and same or other folder as destination. Choose the action, and "let her rip." It's fun to watch PS work hard for you--I've done something like this before.

I'm at work, or I'd give more details. Maybe tonight. Hope this helps.

p.s. This opens, saves and closes one file at a time, so not a "dog" on performance.

Wow, this is so cool and pretty amaing Barbara, thanks for the info!

If you haven't already gotten this done... Record an action, saving a PSD as a JPG, setting the quality to high, and then closing it. Put all your PSDs into one folder, with nothing else. Then using the Batch/Automate, select that folder as the source, and same or other folder as destination. Choose the action, and "let her rip." It's fun to watch PS work hard for you--I've done something like this before.

I'm at work, or I'd give more details. Maybe tonight. Hope this helps.

p.s. This opens, saves and closes one file at a time, so not a "dog" on performance.

Archived