Art Journaling Chat & Challenge 9Pm Et Tuesday April 14Th

MariJ

It's time for the April edition of the Art Journaling Chat and this month we're kicking off an entire week of Art Journaling ScrapGirls style. Are you interested in learning digital Art Journaling? Excited about the layouts you've already created and anxious to make more? Join Marilyn (MariJ) and Jody (Jode2771) in the chat room on Tuesday, April 14th at 9 PM ET for a special edition of the Art Journaling Chat and Challenge. We will discuss the basics of Art Journaling and talk about this month's prompt -- and ourselves! Come join the fun and talk about Art Journaling -- you might even find yourself motivated to try a layout! Hope to see you there.

PLEASE NOTE: We are conscious that ScrapGirls live in all parts of the globe, so our aim is to alternate months and times. So while this is a special Tuesday evening ET chat, (therefore morning for some members) next month we will schedule a typical Monday morning early ET Chat in order to make it easier for other time zones.

AFTER CHAT UPDATE

During the chat we discussed how it's often difficult to scrap about ourselves and especially our good qualities. It was a fun and supportive discussion about ourselves and each other.

PROMPT:

"Something I Love About Myself"

We can't wait to see the layouts you create about yourself. Please post your completed pages in the

Art Journaling Gallery for us all to share. Have fun! :)

Here's my layout:

"What's NOT to Love?"

and and here's

Jody's Layout

*** For more information on Art Journaling, check out the Tuesday NL challenge HERE since we're a collaborative effort this week and the challenge is the same for both! :)

To help you get started, the entire ART JOURNALING category in the boutique is on SALE HERE for two days only, so now's your chance to pick up some new items to use in your layout!

Even better - Syndee Nuckles has created a ONE TIME ONLY free Art Journaling Mini Kit with purchase of the Value Pack: Art Dolls.

Check out the free Mini Kit and the weeklong ScrapGirls' Art Journaling event in today's newsletter HERE. And, remember these specials are only available for TWO days - April 14 and 15. :)

After this time, the free Mini Kit will not be sold in the Boutique so grab it while you can! :eekout:

We will miss you too, Anna - so sorry the time is not right, we'll be thinking of you and LOVE your layout. :)

Aw, I shall miss you all this month - waayyy past my bedtime! I shall look forward to looking in the gallery when I get up tomorrow.

Have fun :)

Ahh, don't feel too bad Marilyn, this actually works out better for me - Jamie is on school holidays at the moment so a chat yesterday would have been difficult. As it is now next month I will definitely be able to be there - child free!!!!

So sorry to hear this, Jean. Thoughts are with you and your sister please let us know how she is doing. Take care. xo

I probably won't be there at the chat. I'm a little shaky right now. My sister in Texas has just had a stroke and can't speak and is paralyzed on one side.

I 'll try to do a page later.

Guest Doris R

So sorry I missed this tonight. I intended to come then just a couple hours before the chat time I got side tracked and my evening was not what I had planned. Also, thank you to all for your kind comments on my NL AJ page I did earlier today. I still feel like I'm just getting my feet wet in this format and your generous comments are really encouraging.

Jean, I'm so sorry to learn about your sister. I will keep her, and you, in my thoughts, and wish her a full recovery.

Sorry I missed the chat. I set a timer, sat down with a book, and woke up at 11PM, EDT - never heard the time. I'll try a page later. As several have noted, choosing a trait you love in yourself is difficult, a bit awkward, but worth struggling through.

I have just bought the Art Dolls VP so hopefully I will come up with something for this challenge. I am in the throes of finishing off a 50 page 16x12 photo book of our around-Australia trip that has to be completed by 22 April so once that is finished I will try to get to this.

Trying, but it's hard.

I sure do get that, Ann. I had a long time to think about this... And, it took even longer.

Usually with me at some point, it just comes... Otherwise like this time I grudgingly start -- and then eventually it came, even though it wasn't quite what I expected. Always good to remember that "nothing is ever wrong".

Finally got around to finishing my Art Journal page. This was a toughie for me, as I don't like to write about myself. Especially things that I love about me.

Love Myself

For sure it's difficult, but you did a great job Carol and I'm sure glad you tried and posted!

Mine is still a work in progress and I do mean a work - I either have too much or too little and have been just moving things around the page since I last posted here about it. I know it will all fall into place and I will wonder what the problem was! I like to see all of my pieces around the page and visualize how everything should be - so far that "visual" has not come to me! LOL LOL I will get there!

Archived