Photo Organization Software

Lor Bel

I would appreciate some suggestions for photo organization such as Bridge and ACDSee, and any others out there. What are you using?? I have a Mac (iMac). I didn't like iPhoto. I use PSE currently. In the past with older versions of PSE I have tried the organizer that come with PSE but did not like that either because if you have photos that were imported into the organizer in PSE and then rename the photo outiside of the organizer you will then get a ? mark in the organizer because it can't find the file.

Thanks

Laurie

Hi, Laurie. This probably won't help, but . . . I also have an iMac, and i LOVE iPhoto, but not the organizer.

I use a dedicated iPhoto library (you can have a lot of libraries) to organize my supplies. I create an event (folder) for each product, using the marketing images, and occasionally the included sheets of embellishments, word art, etc. Then I add key words to enable me to find products by color, season, topic (women, children, travel . . .) and/or specifics such as flower, ribbon, button, etc. You can also have a lot of keywords.

The actual products are filed in a set of nested folders on an EHD, using categories similar to the keywords. This way I can pull up in iPhoto all the products that fit my current need, and easily choose one, or a few, to try with my photos - and I don't have to remember them.

This sounds like a cumbersome system, but it works for my organizational style. I hope you find a system that works for YOU.

Archived