Insd Style File Chat Today At 6Pm (Et)

Come join Shannon and I in the chat room at 6pm (ET) as we discuss three popular scrapping styles: Pocket Scrapping, White Space and Clusters.

Can't wait to see you there!

Some tips and links from the chat:

Pocket Style Scrapping

Blog Help:

Creating Custom Journaling Cards

• Pocket Style scrapping works because it is laid out on a grid
  • Easy, organized, can accommodate lots of photos without clutter
  • Symmetry and balance are natural to this foundation
  • Can be any size or shape, squares, circles, rectangles; can be full page or resized smaller
  • Acts as a good foundation, but can be easily customized to different looks
  • “Pockets” can hold photos, journaling or embellishments

INSD JIF Plus Challenge

Kiki

Just the Beginning

Stitched Frame

White Space

Blog Help:

Rule of Thirds

“Active white space is carefully considered emptiness” Alex White

• Doesn’t have to be white, just refers to empty space on a layout
  • Gives the eye a chance to rest
  • Keep in mind the Rule of Thirds when deciding on placement
  • Don’t trap white space between photos or embellishments

Natural Beauty

Bright Christmas

Memory Collector

A Simple Hello

Clusters

• Variety is key when building clusters
  • Variety in size, shape and textures
  • Using a strong horizontal element as well a vertical one adds flow and movement from one end of your cluster to the other
  • Ribbons, string and scatters can add fun swirl and movement
  • Think in groups of 3 or 5 when building clusters- color and shape
  • Photos, letters, paper strips can all be part of your cluster. Don’t be afraid to think outside the box for things to add.
  • Pay attention to shadowing details when building clusters

Loom Love

Holiday Cookies

Lily

Adelle

Your challenge is to use something you learned from the chat to make your layout. It can be in any style you like, Pocket or grid Style, White Space or Clusters.

Upload your layout to the iNSD Gallery before I get up in the morning to be eligible to win a Collection in our random drawing. Please use Style File in your title.

Your challenge is to use something you learned from the chat to make your layout. It can be in any style you like, Pocket or grid Style, White Space or Clusters.

Upload your layout to the iNSD Gallery before I get up in the morning to be eligible to win a Collection in our random drawing. Please use Style File in your title.

Hope you remember people from all across the world will be competing. We need longer please..... Pretty please..... :worthy:

Hope you remember people from all across the world will be competing. We need longer please..... Pretty please..... :worthy:

Don't worry Belle I put everyone's name in the drawing.

You all made amazing layouts!!!

Congratulations to Scrapgran (Laraine)! :2468who-do-we-appreciate: You have won a collection from the boutique!! Email Angie at prizes@scrapgirls.com and tell her you won in the Style File chat. :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

Archived