Resizing Album Simply Classic

I would like to buy Brandy Murry's ScrapSimple Digital Layout Album: simply Classic but I scrap in 8.5x11 and I am wondering how well these templates would translate to "not square". I have had trouble in past with making templates so dependent on square design look good in rectangular sizes. Just don't need anymore headaches but I really do like these. Also love the paper packs she show them with. Love, Love her work.

All comments welcome and thanks for considering

Pat

I've always wondered what Syndee's action does; it LOOKS like it makes layers smaller, and adds to the background (my #2 below.) I resize all my templates and Jiffy Albums in the club to 8.5 x 11. Brandy's Simply Classic look somewhat more challenging than others.

You will have to decide:

1. keep proportions, and either cut some areas off or fill them with more of the same.

2. keep proportions, and add border to perimeter to fill--this looks automatic with Syndee's Resize It action.

3. change proportions be adjusting height or width.

The same strategy doesn't seem optimal for all five templates, but I think you could resize them in various ways and they'd be pleasing.

Thanks for your responses ladies. I will look at the action but I don't think I automatically want a border around all my template pages, so I will have to consider that. Barbara, your points are pretty much where I am at with resizing all templates. I too think that these particular templates would be a challenge for me.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question

Pat

Thanks for your responses ladies. I will look at the action but I don't think I automatically want a border around all my template pages, so I will have to consider that. Barbara, your points are pretty much where I am at with resizing all templates. I too think that these particular templates would be a challenge for me.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question

Pat

Hi Pat, with the action, you wouldn't necessarily have a border around your pages. Here are a few examples of layouts using the action. You may want to read each layout description for more information.

Monday Quick Page

Project 52 - Week 9

Happy Birthday Card

Archived