A Touch Of Nature Slow Scrap - June Forum Game

ValerieT

After a hectic, layout filled month we thought we would slow things down and take it a bit easier with a nature themed Slow Scrap.

Every day, Monday to Saturday, we will give you a step that will lead to a finished layout based around that week’s nature theme. The first three layouts will consist of six steps each, the last layout will consist of eight steps.

Members who complete the steps required in the game thread and post all 4 layouts in the Slow Scrap Gallery will be entered in a drawing for one of two $10.00 Scrap Girls Boutique Gift Certificates.

Each completed layout posted in the Slow Scrap Gallery, up to 4 per member, will be entered in a drawing for one of three $3.00 Scrap Girls Boutique Gift Certificates.

You have until 11:59pm EDT on June 30th 2015 to complete the steps and post your layouts to the Slow Scrap Gallery. There are no daily time limits.

At no point will we tell you to add your photos. It will be up to you to decide which photos to use and how many. You could do a photo-less layout, or even an art journal one. It’s up to you.

You can make changes to your layout as the week progresses.

After each step we would like you to post your progress in this thread. Here is how;

• Make sure you save your layout as a PSD/layered file first.
  • Save your layout as a .JPEG at 72ppi with a size of 4 x 4 inches (288 x 288 pixels) this is smaller than you would normally save for the web.
  • Follow the first part of this tutorial by Carla How To Post Images In The Forum to post your "progress" in the game thread.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning, Afternoon or Evening to All! Ready for a new month? Here's your first task... :)

Week One – Flowers

Monday 1st

For our first layout we will concentrate on flowers.

Start a new layout in your preferred size and add three papers.

One of your papers must have a floral pattern.

Love me a slow scrap...maybe I can actually get some layouts done! In my projects folder, it's been since March. Yikes!

I chose papers from Luau Collection Mini. I just plopped them on there for the time being until I know what we're going to do next.

post-18472-0-51797300-1433157125_thumb.jpg

I didn't finish the Memories of May Forum Game. I just got too far behind to catch up. Only four layouts this month might be a lot better for me. I'll give it a whirl. And I have plenty of 'nature' photos to choose from, as well as nature collections and such to choose from. Off we go.....

This sounds like fun! I think I will have to sit this round out as I have some other projects I want to work on. Speaking of work I have on be leave for over a month and will be starting back next week. Even though it's only 4 LO don't know how much extra energy I'll have left. I'll check in from time to time to see what transpires though.

Good luck ladies!!!!

This should be a snap compared to last month but it was fun!!! ok thanks for the first task

Guest Doris R

I'm going to try this. I chose three neutral papers from Doris Castle's Amour Collection. I placed them on top of each other, and masked the second layer. Hope it will work with the next tasks.

post-1489-0-35096100-1433168721_thumb.jpg

Ok so I have my 3 papers from 3 different collections:

SNU_Camilles Garden_Paper for the background

BMU_ShabbyFabulous_Paper for the floral print and a matt

ABR_HelloMyLove_Paper as an additional matt

post-10223-0-27752400-1433177549_thumb.jpg

Papers selected ....I chose BMU_BackPorch and ABR_Nano_ChicInstinct...but I am altering the color of on to make it go with the photo I slelected. I am using a frame that I made but may alter that too.

Archived