Midwest Meet Up Fall 2015 ?

I will also have a car there and can help with pickup. I'm hoping my friend in Platte City can meet me for lunch. I often don't get to the hotel (to stay) until 3:30 because she and I visit so long and walk around after lunch.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, my flight is booked!! I'll be arriving @MCI at 5:18PM Thursday!! So ExCiTeD! Are we there yet??

Ok, my flight is booked!! I'll be arriving @MCI at 5:18PM Thursday!! So ExCiTeD! Are we there yet??

Can't wait to see you again Lei!!

101 SLEEPS!!

Can't wait to see you too Tiza!!

Yeah! look at that count down!!

Angie - is this the city that has the place where the guys in kilts are?? ;)

101 SLEEPS!!

No kilts. However, Gary might have a recommendation where in KC we can find some..........

101 SLEEPS!!

No kilts. However, Gary might have a recommendation where in KC we can find some..........

Wow--coming up FAST! Men in kilts? WHERE? ROFL

To all of you who planned on jamming in PARTY BUS #2--she's temporarily been curbed. Business now puts me in Phoenix then, so I'm going to have to fly into KC from there.

These are the types of Mondays that really get me going, so I'll just drown my frustration in another cup of coffee. I was looking forward to driving party van #2. I hope I haven't inconvenienced any of you. This is totally unforeseen. #Livin' the dream and trying to pay the bills.

Anyone else have a party vehicle for STL to KC?

Oh Lei, I wish I knew where I was going to be in October! I could be working in Dearborn, so I'd be flying too, but I could also be here in Des Moines (hitching a ride with Cheri, I hope!). I'll probably know late August where I'll be, so I'll be making flight or drive arrangements then.

You're so awesome, Conda! So not sure I can make this one now :( There is now a pretty good chance we will be going traveling to New York in October. Hopefully I will find out for sure before it's too late to book. I was really looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting my pal, Lei in person.

Oh no....I hope it works out that you can do both!! Maybe a stop in KC on the way???

Sorry, I've been mia. I would really love to do both and see all you chickadees. New York is up in the air for a certain someones book tour so just have to wait and see. I'm hoping if it doesn't happen or happens another week I will have enough notice to book a flight and room :)

101 SLEEPS!!

To all of you who planned on jamming in PARTY BUS #2--she's temporarily been curbed. Business now puts me in Phoenix then, so I'm going to have to fly into KC from there.

These are the types of Mondays that really get me going, so I'll just drown my frustration in another cup of coffee. I was looking forward to driving party van #2. I hope I haven't inconvenienced any of you. This is totally unforeseen. #Livin' the dream and trying to pay the bills.

I'm glad you are still able to make it to the meetup!!

Since Laura's Party Bus has been curbed.... I went ahead and booked flights for myself. Round trip on Southwest was under $200. It was too good to pass up.

I arrive at 4:25pm on Thursday. I don't mind hanging out at the airport until Lei arrives at 5:18 so the airport driver only has to make 1 trip. :)

Since Laura's Party Bus has been curbed.... I went ahead and booked flights for myself. Round trip on Southwest was under $200. It was too good to pass up.

I arrive at 4:25pm on Thursday. I don't mind hanging out at the airport until Lei arrives at 5:18 so the airport driver only has to make 1 trip. :)

I will do my best to keep Tiza out of trouble! :newangel:

:giggle_bear:

You're so awesome, Conda! So not sure I can make this one now :( There is now a pretty good chance we will be going traveling to New York in October. Hopefully I will find out for sure before it's too late to book. I was really looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting my pal, Lei in person.

Oh no....I hope it works out that you can do both!! Maybe a stop in KC on the way???

Sorry, I've been mia. I would really love to do both and see all you chickadees. New York is up in the air for a certain someones book tour so just have to wait and see. I'm hoping if it doesn't happen or happens another week I will have enough notice to book a flight and room :)

I hope it works out so you can make it Cindy!!!

Or will Tiza have to keep YOU out of trouble?! Haha!

Oh I knew you were going to say that, Cheri! I almost put an add on - good thing Cheri won't be waiting or I would REALLY have my hands full!! LOL Can't wait to see you, dear one!

i haven't checked this site for a few days. So it is my understanding now, the St Louis Karens will now be in one vehicle since Tiza booked a flight. I could drive Karen B and Karen F if you want me to drive. I just have a mid size car. I'm worried about all the suitcases and computers fitting. I'm not sure my husband would let me buy a new SUV I been wanting by October since my car only has 16,000 miles. Tiza, I fly Southwest to KC a lot and I've been getting the tickets from $59 to $79 one way depending on the day traveled. I have a roommate, Karen F and Karen B. Good thing we have a few months to get things arranged.

Oh I knew you were going to say that, Cheri! I almost put an add on - good thing Cheri won't be waiting or I would REALLY have my hands full!! LOL Can't wait to see you, dear one!

LOL! I don't know how many of you are following the Retreat game for July here, but Tiza just accused us all there of having a pillow fight. I immediately thought of how much fun that would be at a meet-up. :giggle_bear:

On a similar note, Mom likes feather pillows and brought an older one to live here for her to use when she stays with us. My middle son uses it for a decorative pillow on his bed and curiously, I've been finding feathers all over their room lately. Hm.........

101 SLEEPS!!

I am happy to drive. Have a Toyota Avalon that easily and comfortably accommodates 4. Five if someone is willing to sit in the center back, but I don't think we have that many anyway. Not a "party van" but we can make it work.

Let me know if you're in for the ride. Flexible on timing, but I'd need to be back sometime Sunday.

Well, the odds did not work out in my favor this time. Dh's class does meet that weekend, so I won't be able to attend. Have a great time and know I'm there in spirit!

Well, the odds did not work out in my favor this time. Dh's class does meet that weekend, so I won't be able to attend. Have a great time and know I'm there in spirit!

Carla, that is a real bummer. You've certainly had a good run of luck with your DH's schedule and the SG meet-ups. We'll really miss you!!

Assuming that I'm driving. Would be happy to give you a ride back to STL from KC on Sunday so you don't have to buy a flight.

Probably will book a room for the hotel this afternoon, but still looking for a roommate.

Archived