Midwest Meet Up Fall 2015 ?

Carla! GGGRRRrrrrrr to the Army! Don't they know we girls have BIG plans??? LOL Sorry you are not going to make it this fall. You will be missed so much!!

I have Sandi & my room booked and it was soooo funny. The gal taking my reservation (her name is Ellen) started asking me questions about ScrapGirls and she became quite excited about the prospect of scrapping digitally. She is an old fashioned scrapper but hasn't scrapped in years. She has photo shop and as I said, during her questions and my answers she became quite excited. She said she gets off work at 3 PM (she lives in MO) and she is logging onto ScrapGirls to check us out. She said she would have a screen name something to do with kindergartenscrapper or kndgscrapper or something like that so lets watch for her. I bragged our ScrapGirls family up! Also invited her to stop in and see us while at Dury Inn but she is 8 hours away and her daughter is getting married the weekend before so she is booked. Anyway ... I am excited for her!

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the odds did not work out in my favor this time. Dh's class does meet that weekend, so I won't be able to attend. Have a great time and know I'm there in spirit!

THIS. IS. UNACCEPTABLE. Where do we appeal???

Not only does he have to work the weekend of the meet up, his request for leave was denied so he can't go to FL with us later this month to see my family. Double whammy and pretty darn bummed out here....

Since Laura's Party Bus has been curbed.... I went ahead and booked flights for myself. Round trip on Southwest was under $200. It was too good to pass up.

I arrive at 4:25pm on Thursday. I don't mind hanging out at the airport until Lei arrives at 5:18 so the airport driver only has to make 1 trip. :)

Well, the odds did not work out in my favor this time. Dh's class does meet that weekend, so I won't be able to attend. Have a great time and know I'm there in spirit!

Theresa & Lei, I will check for an arrival time before 5:30 as well. I don't mind waiting either.

Oh Carla, and we all had our fingers crossed. You'll be missed for sure - and the classes better not get in our way of the next meetup!!

Oh, no, Carla! :)Maybe we can Skype or FaceTime w/ you one day!

Not only does he have to work the weekend of the meet up, his request for leave was denied so he can't go to FL with us later this month to see my family. Double whammy and pretty darn bummed out here....

Crud!! Major disappointment. Sorry that he can't go w/ you guys, Carla! Hang in there . . .

Ugh:( :( That stinks.

*hugs*

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :angry2:

Wow, that really is a bummer!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay...details for real now!! :) I have the contract signed and ready to send back, but I want to hear some "go for it" from y'all first. Once I hear from you, I will post the information and the booking link AND start the countdown!!

Dates: check in Thursday 10/15 check out Sunday 10/18

Guest rooms are $146/night (x three nights)

Meeting room is $200/day (x two days) + $100 service fee/day.

IF two share a room, and we have 10 guests (I think we have 14 tentative) to split the meeting room, it would be approximately $279 per person PLUS TAX. (so if there ARE 14 of us, it would be about $18 less than that, so closer to $260 each before tax)

any time, I suppose Sioux Falls is out of the question though.

Cindy-we have it planned for Kansas City this fall. (details above) It would be wonderful if you could make it down, we would love to meet you!!

Just booked my room at the Drury Inn. (Yes, I know, i'm a bit slow. Life has been crazy lately.)

At this time, I'm planning on driving from St. Louis, and would be happy to take riders one way or both. Or is everyone flying?

And if anyone is still looking to share a room, let me know, (on this thread, or send me a PM.)

Karen

Hey, Karen, it might get a little confusing, but I don't have a roommate, nor a room. I'd be happy to share a room with you. Also, love to share a ride.

Sounds great. There were so many posts that I really didn't know who was paired up.

When it gets closer to the date, we'll coordinate departure time.

Karen and Karen all in one room!

(I bet you 2 don't have to worry about having mustaches drawn on you in the night like I do with Laura). LOL

(Referencing an unrelated post from the July game/retreat thread this month). :giggle_bear:

(I bet you 2 don't have to worry about having mustaches drawn on you in the night like I do with Laura). LOL

(Referencing an unrelated post from the July game/retreat thread this month). :giggle_bear:

I hope I don't have to sleep with one eye open. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, my flight is booked!! I'll be arriving @MCI at 5:18PM Thursday!! So ExCiTeD! Are we there yet??

Hi Lei, what airline and flight number? Looks like I'll be back in the Detroit area, so I'll be flying in. I have miles/status on Delta, so that's what I'll be booking. Can't wait to see y'all!

Ok, my flight is booked!! I'll be arriving @MCI at 5:18PM Thursday!! So ExCiTeD! Are we there yet??

Hi Lei, what airline and flight number? Looks like I'll be back in the Detroit area, so I'll be flying in. I have miles/status on Delta, so that's what I'll be booking. Can't wait to see y'all!

Hey Michele, I'm booked on Spirit 913 departing dtw @4:15 / arriving 5:18 @ MCI

I'm pretty much

Hey Michele, I'm booked on Spirit 913 departing dtw @4:15 / arriving 5:18 @ MCI

I'm pretty much "married" to Delta :(

Here are my flights:

Thursday, Delta 1997, arrives MCI 1:29 pm

Sunday, Delta 3686, leaves MCI 10:10 am

Delta app says 64 days until check in, so 65 days until we party SG style!!

I am looking into my schedule and still need a roommate if I can attend. If Joy and I can meet up in TX and ride up, its a LONG ride, don't you know? Then I drive back with Sandi to WA state, so the possibilities are still too fractured to be concrete. :(

Grandson graduates Air Force bootcamp in Oct (dates uncertain), so I may be able to combine the trips if the weekends are back to back. (Not so much if they collide.) On the other hand, I may not be able to do either. (Sigh)

EDIT: BOO! 12 hr drive to KC from SA! I may as well buy a R/T ticket. ugh

UPDATE: Joe's grad date is Oct 16, so I will have to do that, if I go anywhere that week. Sorry, was looking forward to this! Maybe another year!

I am looking into my schedule and still need a roommate if I can attend. If Joy and I can meet up in TX and ride up, its a LONG ride, don't you know? Then I drive back with Sandi to WA state, so the possibilities are still too fractured to be concrete. :(

Grandson graduates Air Force bootcamp in Oct (dates uncertain), so I may be able to combine the trips if the weekends are back to back. (Not so much if they collide.) On the other hand, I may not be able to do either. (Sigh)

UPDATE: Joe's grad date is Oct 16, so I will have to do that, if I go anywhere that week. Sorry, was looking forward to this! Maybe another year!

Well Barb, you tried! Quite the juggling act going on there for a bit. Enjoy Joe's graduation and celebrate his accomplishment with him. Hopefully, you can join in next time.

Well Barb, you tried! Quite the juggling act going on there for a bit. Enjoy Joe's graduation and celebrate his accomplishment with him. Hopefully, you can join in next time.

Hopefully next time Barb!! It would be great to see you again. Sometimes, one person can only do so much.

57 DAYS!!!

Sorry I've been a little MIA these last two weeks. Most of you know my DD was in a car accident earlier this month. Tomorrow she goes in for surgery to remove the external contraption and permanently repair her broken leg. Hopefully only one night stay, maybe two. Then the real recovery can begin. Another 6-8 weeks before she can work. I assume PT will start soon after that. Let me say, I'm not cut out to haul a wheelchair in and out of my truck...whew, what a work out.

The main thing is that she is recovered enough by the meet up! ;) LOL I will definitely be ready for some fun times with my ScrapGirls friends!!

We'll miss you! Have a wonderful time at the graduation (hope you are able to make it:)

Serious?? 57 days? Holy cow! Very excited to see everyone.

I'm in Colorado (DS back to college) so I'll be home in a couple days and finalize airline tix. to KC.

Ok, Bunkie, I'll leave my mustache pens at home! How many attending now?

I told Conda about this already, but wanted to share with everyone...

Over the weekend, I had a dream/nightmare about the SG meetup. In the dream, I found out at the very last minute that the dates had moved to the current weekend, and people were starting to arrive. As I'm scrambling to figure out how to get there from home, Conda called to tell me to bring my wireless router because the hotel didn't have wifi. THEN, she said that one member had "dietary concerns" so we couldn't bring any junk food or chocolate.

:blink:

Archived