Midwest Meet Up Fall 2015 ?

So, my handy-days-until-we-meet-app says it has been 223 days since our meet up. This is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

Let's start planning a Midwest meet up.

When?

Where??

Let me hear you!!

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can tell you where ever it is I won't be driving the party van. Until this week it had a strict distance of 10miles I would drive it (to the town next to us) only because if it broke down I could walk. After this week I will only drive it in town and i'm not even sure about it.

So as sad as it may be, party van I think is being retired to the car graveyard soon.

Poor party van. As long as Jeff is cool with driving the Escape, I could potentially turn my van into the party van. I might beg a driver to spell me if I'm going all the way to St. Louis from Ames though!

I am GAME for a meet-up - I agree that time span is totally unacceptable.

Can everyone start looking at their calendars and post here what will/won't work for fall? I'd dearly love to get away sooner, but fear that it will be a few years yet before I can get away during the summer months. I rely on school being in session in order to leave early on Thursday.

Where are we thinking? The last meetup was in St. Louis, and we have often gone to Kansas City. So KC again? Any other suggestions?

I'll be watching this thread. It totally depends on when and what is going on here. Dh may be away at school from July to April, so that puts a big dent in any trips for me. We still don't know if he'll be going yet. Sigh...

Poor Party Van :(

Carla, that's a long time to have hubby away... good luck (if it happens)!

The weekends that are NOT good for me:

Labor Day weekend (Sept 4-7)

Sept 18-20

Oct 2-4

... taiko has already booked those weekends.

I'm game with meeting anywhere.

I don't think I have appropriate footwear (or hat) for a party truck....

cowgirl-041.gif

There will be plenty of time to plan accordingly.

Maybe Angie will have a new party "whatever" (in case it's not a van....)

I'm in..... I can drive a party van from STL.

Dates not good for me -- Sept 18-20. Other dates are wide open at this point.

Carla, I hope you can make it. If not, we have to get you streaming live on video feed. Lol

Poor Party Van :(

Carla, that's a long time to have hubby away... good luck (if it happens)!

The weekends that are NOT good for me:

Labor Day weekend (Sept 4-7)

Sept 18-20

Oct 2-4

... taiko has already booked those weekends.

I'm game with meeting anywhere.

I'm in..... I can drive a party van from STL.

Dates not good for me -- Sept 18-20. Other dates are wide open at this point.

Carla, I hope you can make it. If not, we have to get you streaming live on video feed. Lol

So far the available weekends are:

September 11

September 25

October 9

October 16

October 23

I'm good to go anywhere. Kansas City was fun as was Omaha. No idea where I'll be this fall. My current agreement is done at the end of August - unless they extend.

Only weekends bad for me (as of this moment):

Labor Day: 04Sep - 06Sep

Wedding Anniversary: 09Oct - 11Oct

For me the weekends I'm not available are:

Labor Day weekend

Sept. 25th

Oct 2nd

Oct 9th

Nov 6th

Looks like we are down to one date in October, the weekend of the 16th. (I didn't include the last weekend since it is Halloween) We will see what others have to say about availability....

September 11

September 25

October 9

October 16

October 23

I have to look at a calendar as well, but I just noticed your siggie, Cheri, do you celebrate 1/2 Christmas?

Karen

LOL...nope, I'm just too lazy to change it, apparently. Alright, alright, you've shamed me into switching...

I have to look at a calendar as well, but I just noticed your siggie, Cheri, do you celebrate 1/2 Christmas?

Karen

LOL...nope, I'm just too lazy to change it, apparently. Alright, alright, you've shamed me into switching...

Hahaha....oh the shame............

Karen

HA! I'm very lazy and I just went with text LOL.

Karen

HA! I'm very lazy and I just went with text LOL.

I noticed my blinkies were out of date. I've corrected that and changed text color :)

Poor party van will go to the car graveyard tomorrow. Everyone cross your fingers it makes it to the car dealer.

But good news is, there's a Party Van 2. I tried to get away from the van, but it just wasn't going to happen. When you have 2 kids that are almost 6ft (and still have growing to do) and their friends nothing else make sense. And I didn't want to go bigger. So it's now a silver 2014 grand caravan.

Poor party van will go to the car graveyard tomorrow. Everyone cross your fingers it makes it to the car dealer.

But good news is, there's a Party Van 2. I tried to get away from the van, but it just wasn't going to happen. When you have 2 kids that are almost 6ft (and still have growing to do) and their friends nothing else make sense. And I didn't want to go bigger. So it's now a silver 2014 grand caravan.

We'll miss the original party van, but I'm sure we'll make lots of great SG meetup memories riding in the new one too!

Archived