Midwest Meet Up Fall 2015 ?

Poor party van will go to the car graveyard tomorrow. Everyone cross your fingers it makes it to the car dealer.

But good news is, there's a Party Van 2. I tried to get away from the van, but it just wasn't going to happen. When you have 2 kids that are almost 6ft (and still have growing to do) and their friends nothing else make sense. And I didn't want to go bigger. So it's now a silver 2014 grand caravan.

We'll miss the original party van, but I'm sure we'll make lots of great SG meetup memories riding in the new one too!

Agreed!

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor party van will go to the car graveyard tomorrow. Everyone cross your fingers it makes it to the car dealer.

But good news is, there's a Party Van 2. I tried to get away from the van, but it just wasn't going to happen. When you have 2 kids that are almost 6ft (and still have growing to do) and their friends nothing else make sense. And I didn't want to go bigger. So it's now a silver 2014 grand caravan.

We'll miss the original party van, but I'm sure we'll make lots of great SG meetup memories riding in the new one too!

Here's hoping that it can crawl into the dealership! Congrats on Party Van #2. May it be as good to you as the last van.

Long Live the Party Van!!!!

Definitely have to have a meetup so Angie can drive to it...you all need to christen the new van!

Exactly Carla, AND

What happens in the party van STAYS in the party van. Just sayin'. :embarrassed003:

Looks like we are down to one date in October, the weekend of the 16th. (I didn't include the last weekend since it is Halloween) We will see what others have to say about availability....

September 11

September 25

October 9

October 16

October 23

This was the last post on good dates that I saw. Any closer to deciding between September 11 and October 16? What about location?

Looks like we are down to one date in October, the weekend of the 16th. (I didn't include the last weekend since it is Halloween) We will see what others have to say about availability....

September 11

September 25

October 9

October 16

October 23

This was the last post on good dates that I saw. Any closer to deciding between September 11 and October 16? What about location?

October 16, Kansas City???

Anyone??

My calendar is free and so far flights look pretty cheap. Michele ... when/what will you be flying out there with?

My calendar is free and so far flights look pretty cheap. Michele ... when/what will you be flying out there with?

I fly Delta - got lots of miles with them :). Depends on my contract. If I'm still in Des Moines in October, then Cheri and I will probably carpool out to KC. If i'm in MI, I'll fly out. I'll know more before the end of August since that's when my current contract expires.

Works for me!

Date and location works for me!

That's good with me

I'm good with Oct 16 in KC:)

WOOT!!!!

I think I could work something in that timeframe. I've never gotten to attend one, so it would really be a big deal to me. Kansas City isn't too far of a drive for me I don't think. I'll try to keep up with what is going on here. One problem I might encounter.. is there usually a lot of walking? I see your photo walks etc. I am kind of limited in how far (and how fast) I can go.

I think I could work something in that timeframe. I've never gotten to attend one, so it would really be a big deal to me. Kansas City isn't too far of a drive for me I don't think. I'll try to keep up with what is going on here. One problem I might encounter.. is there usually a lot of walking? I see your photo walks etc. I am kind of limited in how far (and how fast) I can go.

We are very flexible Joy! It would be great to have you. We usually do a photo walk of some sort (zoo, botanical garden, etc) but we can make it work. (My mobility will depend on how my back is doing on any given day and what the neurosurgeon says later this month.)

Works for me!

Maybe you'll be the one driving a party van up from StL this time! ;)

PARTY VAN EXPRESS departing from St. Louis! Anyone riding from St. Louis area is welcome to ride!

Looks like we are going to have another FAB group of gals.

I'll let dh know the date and try to keep it open. I'm assuming he isn't going to that 10 month school since they haven't contacted him yet. But if he does go, the closest airport to him is KC....

I'll let dh know the date and try to keep it open. I'm assuming he isn't going to that 10 month school since they haven't contacted him yet. But if he does go, the closest airport to him is KC....

Where will he be if he goes?? (I hope he doesn't go for my own selfish reasons....) ;)

Works for me!

Maybe you'll be the one driving a party van up from StL this time! ;)

PARTY VAN EXPRESS departing from St. Louis! Anyone riding from St. Louis area is welcome to ride!

Looks like we are going to have another FAB group of gals.

Oh what fun!! TWO party vans.

Where will he be if he goes?? (I hope he doesn't go for my own selfish reasons....) ;)

The school is at Ft. Leavenworth, KS. I'd bring the girls with me and drop them off to dad, lol!!

The school is at Ft. Leavenworth, KS. I'd bring the girls with me and drop them off to dad, lol!!

So close!! I figured that's where he would be, but wasn't sure.

I know there are probably several of us, Carla, who would LOVE to meet these young scrappers-in-training!

Conda, are you looking at the Drury Inn? Doesn't matter to me....just wondering. I think DH is a rewards member.

It's been at the Drury in the past, Laura.

If dh goes to that school and we can't get an exception to stay here, the girls and I would be moving there with him...

Moving again...that would stink...but we would be SO CLOSE....(about an hour or so??)

When will you know about the school? I mean, wouldn't you think they would need to make a decision soon?? (or is it just me??)

Yes the Drury Inn.

Whew... planning for this is going quickly. Yay! That weekend is free for me. I can either bum a ride in Laura's party van, or I'll just fly up. I think I have enough Southwest points to cover the flight to KC ;)

It's been at the Drury in the past, Laura.

If dh goes to that school and we can't get an exception to stay here, the girls and I would be moving there with him...

Moving again...that would stink...but we would be SO CLOSE....(about an hour or so??)

When will you know about the school? I mean, wouldn't you think they would need to make a decision soon?? (or is it just me??)

Yes the Drury Inn.

We were supposed to know by the end of May. So much for that happening!

Archived