June/july Hybrid Atc Swap-Goin' Buggy!

CRS

Summer is here in full swing in Maryland! We've done summer as a theme before, so I didn't want to go with that. So I asked Lei (Bride) for ideas, and she came up with a unique, fun and creative idea! Our theme for this round of hybrid atc's are Bugs! Summer isn't complete without them!

If you are interested in joining us, here are some things to know:

The best way to do this seems to be to buy the 9 slot baseball trading card holders. They are designed to fit into a standard 3 ring binder. You can fold the sheets in thirds and fit them into a business sized envelope. Please include return postage in one of the slots, allowing for an extra ounce in case participants are especially exuberant with their bling. If it's not needed, I will return it with your goodies. Also please include a self-addressed envelope. We've found that the larger 6x9 envelopes work better than business sized envelopes but the postage rate is the same. When you mail the envelope to me, the post office people will tell you if there's a non-machinable surcharge. A great hint is to use your own address as the return address in case it gets "returned" for any reason.

Sign up in this thread by June 23rd. I'll PM my mailing address to everyone. Try to have your finished atcs to me by August 1st. If I get them earlier, I'll mail them back earlier!

So, who's ready to get their Bugs on?

Lei

Carla

Brooke

Lauren

Monica

Jackson

Laura

Kelly

Karen W.

Ann

Andrea-rose

Lauren (alsoarty jr!)

Karen

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, heading to Hobby Lobby to get inspired!!! (while there's a lull in the rain. ;-) )

I went to Jo-Ann's yesterday for something else but stopped by the stickers just to get some inspiration, too!

Woohoo! Glad you all thought this was a fun topic (or do you have ants in your pants) to jump on board so fast! Should be a fun one - can't wait to see what all you creative friends come up with!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have mine all designed and printed out and one prototype made. I was really counting on my Silhouette to do the fussy cutting for me but it is not working correctly and I'm having issues d/l the updates for it since the hard drive crash. I can't seem to connect with their technical support ... looks like I'll be doing all the fussy cutting by hand for these ATC's ... but you gals are worth it!! I should have them done and in the mail by Friday!!

The girls decided today was the day, so they created their atcs from start to finish! Now I need to get on task. Of course, a trip to Hobby Lobby is first on my to do list!

Archived