Scrap Girls Retreat - July 2015

ValerieT

Is it too late to join in on the Retreat? I thought I had, but I don't see my name on the chart.

I don't add anyone to the journal until they have completed a task. You are on there today.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cleaning crew have brought to my attention that a large number of feathers have been found in the bedrooms. I really thought you were not the sort to have pillow fights.

pillow-fight-smiley-emoticon.gif

As punishment, and to help clean up, you must now add two feathers to your layout.

Post your finished layout in the Scrap Girls Retreat Gallery. This is worth one button on the Daily Journal.

confetti brush

I used the confetti brush on a white background, then clipped a multicolor patterned paper to the confetti for my paper. Confetti is usually thrown at a celebration. Although in this case, DIL had a balloon drop instead. Nobody wanted to clean up real confetti. So we have the digital version.

Here is mine - Great Blue Heron. http://scrapgirls.net/forum/gallery/image/158841-great-blue-heron-sg-retreat-july-6-7/

I used Elisha's products, plus Syndee's Shadow Me style. For the brush mask, I chose Via Dolorosa-Mask 3. The feathers are from Simple Pleasures. Bragging a bit - once I picked the picture, the page came together in about an hour! Looking forward to tomorrow's tasks.

Is it too late to join in on the Retreat? I thought I had, but I don't see my name on the chart.

Just jump on in. I'm sure they can squeeze you on the chart :)

Come on, Carol -- let's get take the "Jazzing Up a Title" class. Then, maybe we can sneak into the brush class and grab a cocktail!

Sounds good to me. See you in the bar.

You all are having so much fun -- pillow fights!!!???

I want to join in but this new laptop & me are having major issues so far, so scrapping is a problem.

Maybe I'll just join in the partying and pillow fights! :D

I was just reading the blog today and looked at the challenge list. Suddenly I spotted my name as winning the drawing from the June Forum gAme. It is a gift certificate but I dont know how to access it. Can anyone tell me? I never win anything and am stunned.

I was just reading the blog today and looked at the challenge list. Suddenly I spotted my name as winning the drawing from the June Forum gAme. It is a gift certificate but I dont know how to access it. Can anyone tell me? I never win anything and am stunned.

Just email Angie at prizes@scrapgirls.com and let her know the amount you won. She will issue your gc to you.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Finished and posted a layout for yesterday's task. I used a dynamic brush to create a photo mask; not exactly what was in Jody's wonderful tutorial, but it worked for me.

I accepted the punishment - even though I wasnt there at the pillow fight, honest! I added a few extra feathers just to make sure I'm absolved. Here is my LO.

I used both tutorials. I used the chicken wire brush as an eraser on a layer mask to reveal the paper beneath and then I used the cool technique Amy gave us for added punch to my title.

Here is L'Hermiones

This stunning tall ship appeared out of the fog as we were returning from Long Island this weekend. The brush class was a blast at the bar I had so much fun but then the pillow fight got out of control. I didn't really like the clean-up but I did manage to put a couple of feathers as the ' in my title..... in between sneezing!!!

This retreat is fun so far, I wonder was today brings.

Archived