September Atc Challenge & Swap

Bride

There is a word that I love - it is fun to say as it sort of rolls off the tongue and tickles the ear. I never really heard it until there was a movie with that title - "Serendipity", a sweet romantic comedy that this romantic artist really enjoyed. The word - ser·en·dip·i·ty

noun: serendipity; plural noun: serendipities

1. the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way.
    "a fortunate stroke of serendipity (happy) chance, (happy) accident, fluke; good luck, good fortune,

synonyms:

fortuity, providence;

happy coincidence

For your September ATC, I want you to put your thinking caps aside, pull open your photo editing program with your 2.5 x 3.5 base and just start playing with a color, a collection, a piece of word art or alpha ... and build on it - see where it takes you. See what quote may come to mind as a result - or no quote, letting your art work stand alone - its your choice - it is your "happy chance" to see where you end up. Let your inner artist break free and serendipitously create a treasure to share!

You may create as many cards as you would like, just please remember to sign and date each card. Upload them to the Artist Trading Cards - Digital & Hybrid Gallery and email the full resolution copy (750 x 1050 pixels at 300 ppi) to me at: scrapgirl.bride@gmail.com for the swap. The cards will be due to me by Wednesday, September 30th. I'll try to get the collection emailed back to you shortly after that.

Some helps:

ATC Backgrounds Paper Biggie
ScrapSimple Tools - Styles: ATC Shadows 12601

ScrapSimple Craft Templates: Artist Trading Cards
ScrapSimple Craft Templates: Artist Trading Cards 2
Printable Art and Crafts Sheet: ATC - The Robin
Value Pack: Artist Trading Cards
ScrapSimple Tools - Styles: ATC Glitter Super Biggie
ATC Watercolor Paper
ScrapSimple Paper Templates: ATC Backgrounds and Edges

I can't wait to see what you all come up with! Enjoy the process!!

Oh cool! I like that - so thought out. I did a scrapbook layout - in the paper world of scrapbooking, and we had to cut random papers that were leftovers to create embellishments for our page. We just pasted all the papers randomly and then took a paper punch and punched circles and squares randomly. Quite an interesting and nice outcome. I wish I had that album with me so I could let you all see. It's in Storage..... in St George... so this will be fun!

Here's my second ATC for the month. It was truly a work of serendipity, since it started out looking quite different from how it ended. I decided to try a colorful paper to clip to the flowers, but before I clipped it, it went to the base of the card. Hmmm... I really liked the colorful background, so there it stayed. :)

Thanks for the challenge to try something new!

Ladies ... lets not forget to email me your cards! There are lots of beauties in the gallery but I only have four in file - one is mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say I REALLY love this topic - it's very cool and with so many possibilities! And, I really wanted to make an ATC, but have been caught up in the monthly game so never got a chance. :( But, the theme is brilliant and so creative!

Just wanted to say I REALLY love this topic - it's very cool and with so many possibilities! And, I really wanted to make an ATC, but have been caught up in the monthly game so never got a chance. :( But, the theme is brilliant and so creative!

Thank you for sharing that, Marilyn! I hope you will be able to participate in the October challenge!!

Thank you for sharing that, Marilyn! I hope you will be able to participate in the October challenge!!

Thanks, Lei - just wanted you to know.... And I really am sorry to miss trying one but am hoping for October. Boo!

Archived