New Problem With Journaling In Pse

jhbren

Hi, ladies! I hope someone can analyze this problem for me. I'm trying to enter text into a journaling space, using PSE 13 on a Mac. I can't seem to enter spaces for an indentation, and when I add a period at the end of a sentence, it jumps to the front of the sentence. I can erase the period from that position, but can't add it to the end. This started last evening, and after fussing for a while, I closed PSE and shut down the computer. Reopened this afternoon - same issue. I've tried changing fonts and/or font sizes, to no avail. I've checked preferences, to see if I changed something inadvertently, but didn't find anything that seemed relevant. Tearing my hair out hasn't helped. :glare: Any ideas???

Hmmmm..

I'm working on a Mac with PSE 13 too Jo and haven't had this happen. (Shhhh... Knock on wood)

Have you tried resetting the text tool or resetting preferences in case something got changed?

Let me see if I can find those instructions, Jody once told me how to do it and it usually works...

Still haven't found a solution to the punctuation problem. I followed Marilyn's suggestion to instruct PSE to reset preferences, and shut down PSE overnight. Tried again this morning - same results. It's definitely a PSE problem; text works fine in Word and in the forum. I was able to complete the journaling by typing each sentence, or part thereof, on a separate layer. Then I added the punctuation on another layer, positioned it, and merged the layers. It works, but I definitely don't want to have to do that forever!!! I think the next step is to contact Adobe - after we get back from our cruise. Gotta pack today!

I had that happen in Photoshop a month or so ago (so it isn't just a PSE thing). I wish I could tell you what I did to fix it, but it isn't happening anymore. I think for the project I was working on when it was happening, I opened the psd file of another layout, dragged the text box into the problem layout, resized it and then pasted in my text.

Archived