Issues With Png Files - Cannot Parse The File

PamelaZ

Hi I'm still running Photoshop CS4 and am running into an annoying issue that is slowing me down.

Has anyone ever seen the message "Could not place the document because the file-format module cannot parse the file"?

I've searched forums but can't find a solution. It happens once I get going on a layout and want to Place a PNG file on a layout. I have to close out Photoshop and restart it. Then after a few times it happens again. I suspect it has something to do with the Preferences file but can't figure it out.

My plan is to upgrade to CC once I get a new laptop.

Thanks for looking at my problem. Pam Zeman

Hi Jennifer, I tried what you suggested and after a while I started getting the message again. I keep having to close out Photoshop and restart it. I even restarted and shut down my machine hoping that would clear some cache or file. Not much luck. So annoying when working with PNG files. I did read what Figment suggested. and that will work. I also read that I should reset my Preference file. I hate to monkey with the install because CS4 is no longer supported. I could clone my hard drive and then try to reinstall the Preference file. I was hoping to get another year out of this machine and software. Thanks ladies for your input.

Archived