Fours Seasons Slow Scrap - October Forum Game

ValerieT

After a journalling heavy month we thought we would take it a bit easier with a season themed Slow Scrap.

Every day, Monday to Saturday, we will give you a step that will lead to a finished layout based around that week’s season. The first layout will consist of three steps, the last four layouts will consist of six steps each.

Members who complete the steps required in the game thread and post all 5 layouts in the Slow Scrap Gallery will be entered in a drawing for one of two $10.00 Scrap Girls Boutique Gift Certificates.

Each completed layout posted in the Slow Scrap Gallery, up to 4 per member, will be entered in a drawing for one of three $3.00 Scrap Girls Boutique Gift Certificates.

You have until 11:59pm ET on October 31st 2015 to complete the steps and post your layouts to the Slow Scrap Gallery. There are no daily time limits.

At no point will we tell you to add your photos. It will be up to you to decide which photos to use and how many. You could do a photo-less layout, or even an art journal one. It’s up to you. Just make sure your layout fits that week's season.

You can make changes to your layout as the week progresses.

After each step we would like you to post your progress in this thread. Here is how;

• Make sure you save your layout as a PSD/layered file first.
  • Save your layout as a .JPEG at 72ppi with a size of 4 x 4 inches (288 x 288 pixels) this is smaller than you would normally save for the web.
  • Follow the first part of this tutorial by Carla How To Post Images In The Forum to post your "progress" in the game thread.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This first week we will create a layout about your favourite season.

October 1st

Start a layout about your favourite season. Make sure your photos match your chosen season.

Tell us which season you have picked and why.

Don't forget to post your progress each day.

Oh I wish I could play this game!! We are heading out Sunday for a week of camping in Tennessee mountain area.

Oh it will be SUMMER for me.There is no other time for me.....it is boating season......this will be a fun a slower pace this month

I look forward to seeing everyones work

Oh I wish I could play this game!! We are heading out Sunday for a week of camping in Tennessee mountain area.

Oh that sounds like fun...have a great time but we will miss you.

I love slow scraps!! Favorite season...hmmm. I think my favorite season is the start of each new one. By the end of the season, I'm ready for the next one to start! But for this game, I'll pick spring because I love all the color after the blahs of winter! I'll post the start of my layout later.

Each week will have a different layout, jump in when you get back! I bet you'll have some beautiful photos to scrap!

Tough choice, I love all the seasons, but will select Autumn for my first layout. Our trees are showing beautiful color and no windstorms yet to blow them off. I'm hoping to keep up with just 4 layouts for the month, but not sure I can post daily progress. Will see if I can keep up.

This is a tough one--I love fall and spring equally (depending of course on the state that I live in--ha!!). Like many of you, I embrace the dramatic change in temps and eagerly unpack my clothes for the season. I enjoy the change in colors--grab my camera and go outside to snap shots of God's artful handiwork even when it snows.

I'll choose Fall is my favorite season for this challenge. I have some beautiful photos that need scrapped, so now, to choose my layout template.

Here is my layout so far:

post-23296-0-08409400-1443807219_thumb.jpg

Here is mine so far. Lucky for me Brandy's Anchor Collection had all the banners separate it made it much easier to use the 9 required.

post-24445-0-32782500-1443794150_thumb.jpg

October 2

Here is my LO so far.

3 papers added:

BMU Coastal Paper Creased
BMU Coastal Paper Waves
JCO Under the Boardwalk Paper Brown Watermark

9 Embellishments added:

STI Digital Stickers Beach Day Sandals
STI Digital Stickers Beach Day Sun
STI Digital Stickers Beach Day Beach Ball
STI Digital Stickers Beach Day Sunscreen