How Do I Do This 3 D Lettering

lori92760

my son and daughter in law to be want this style of save the dates. our city, our pics, etc. this particular tutorial is in illustrator, which i do not have. i have elements, which i love and i have a monthly subscription to photoshop and i can barely open a photo in it! it is so complicated. i have spent 8 hours today messing and i have zero. does anyone know of an action or a tutorial, perferablly in elements, but i will try photoshop, but it has to be broken down so that i can understand it. it is the one thing she has wanted me to do and i would like to come thru. help, suggestions, anything.

thanks.

I have a program that can create 3D text in this style. I can make something for you that you can open in PSE and clip photos to the "face" of the letters. The 3D part will be on a different layer so you can adjust the color to whatever you want. Let me know if you are interested.

Eden, that was a thought, although i am having a problem finding the right font.

Linda,

what program are you using? is it expensive? will it work with either program i have? i may have to ask you to do it and my only hesitation is i did my daughter's wedding and know how often these girls change their minds. ugh. your profile pic: is amazing, how did you?

Linda,

what program are you using? is it expensive? will it work with either program i have? i may have to ask you to do it and my only hesitation is i did my daughter's wedding and know how often these girls change their minds. ugh. your profile pic: is amazing, how did you?

It's an old (won't run on Win 8/10) desktop publishing program called The Print Shop v23 with a text art feature. I'm thinking that there may be a free app that makes 3D text, rather than purchasing a desktop publishing program for only that purpose.

Send me a message via my member name link, and I will send you the PSE file I created. You can see if it is suitable for your needs.

Re: my profile pic - I applied the Threshold filter to my photo so that my face was "drawn" with stark black and white areas. Added patterned papers and blend modes that affected the black areas and left the white areas untouched.

r325026.jpg

lori,

I used a text art tool in another program, exported as PDF and brought the PDF into PSE. I used neon green for the face of the text so that it would be easy to select with the color wand, then copy/paste to a new layer which becomes my clipping mask.

For simplicity, I have kept the number of layers to a minimum, but for greater control, each letter face can be on its own layer and have its own photo clipped to it.

r325030.jpg

Archived