Recently Read And Worth Checking Out

momvetkat

The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins, We Need to Talk about Kevin, by Lionel Shrive, A Home at the End of the World, by Michael Cunningham, Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng. I read SO MUCH and these aren't the best in the world but I enjoyed all of them.

I've read "We Need to Talk About Kevin" by Lionel Shriver. It is one of the most chilling and frightening books I've read. It is a compelling exploration of the family of a child who commits a serious crime from the perspective of his mother. Lionel Shriver deservedly won the Orange Prize with this book. Not a happy book but very well worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

I read "Girl on a Train" and enjoyed it. If anyone needs a recommendation on the Sci-Fi/Apocalyptic/Dystopia genre, I highly recommend "Seven Eves" by Neal Stephenson. The story spans 5,000 years beginning with the earth being bombarded with meteor showers, causing devastation and forming an atmospheric cloud that will eventually make earth inhabitable. So earth launches an "Ark" into the atmosphere to ensure the survival of the human race.

Thanks Cheri T, for introducing me to this author:)

Archived