Photo Background...now How To Make The Elements Look Ok

dsrt1684

5 years ago, I took a photo background class. While I have no idea how I did it (I will have to look back on my notes), I made a photo a background.

However, I never finished making the layout because nothing seemed to look right. The elements and photo background seemed to clash to me or look too busy.

Maybe my elements were the wrong color, or just wrong elements. (the birds and branch look off...although the idea was to use birds because the background had sky, and it seemed appropriate...I don't know)

The class taught me how to make the photo the background, but then I was at a loss for turning it into a page.

Any ideas on what works and what doesn't work in these attempts? I tried two different photo backgrounds to see if a different photo would make a difference.

post-24911-0-68890600-1445281938_thumb.jpg

post-24911-0-96773800-1445281990_thumb.jpg

post-24911-0-90454000-1445281999_thumb.jpg

...Maybe my elements were the wrong color, or just wrong elements. (the birds and branch look off...although the idea was to use birds because the background had sky, and it seemed appropriate...I don't know)

Cool background! The "dunking your teacher" subject makes me think of a fun, carnival type atmosphere. Perhaps elements to reflect this mood would be suitable? The birds and leaves are pretty, but I see them more suited for "still life" e.g. garden photos, romantic photos, etc. But that's just an opinion.

...Maybe my elements were the wrong color, or just wrong elements. (the birds and branch look off...although the idea was to use birds because the background had sky, and it seemed appropriate...I don't know)

Cool background! The "dunking your teacher" subject makes me think of a fun, carnival type atmosphere. Perhaps elements to reflect this mood would be suitable? The birds and leaves are pretty, but I see them more suited for "still life" e.g. garden photos, romantic photos, etc. But that's just an opinion.

Good idea...I will try and go that route. I knew the birds and branch didn't fit., I just have hard time picking what does....especially at a loss with colors to use

What an awesome background!! Have you tried enlarging the other photos. They almost seem a little lost. I know it's frustrating when something isn't working, and yet, you don't know what isn't working!!

I will play with that. You make a good point....I didn't know how much of the background photo to cover

• 2 weeks later...

Good idea...I will try and go that route. I knew the birds and branch didn't fit., I just have hard time picking what does....especially at a loss with colors to use

How about this free kit from Scrap Girls? It's vibrant and has an energetic feel.

http://store.scrapgirls.com/Scrap-Girls-Exuberance-Collection.html

Thank you, lindarobin, I ended up using that kit, and I like the page now. Thank you!!!

Archived