El Capitan

jenrou

Ohhhh.. Jean. Sorry to hear this - I have the Apple reminder right here on my desktop and I've been afraid to do it. I keep wanting to ask my computer people but haven't had a chance to yet. I'm interested to see what anyone else has to say.

Although now that I reread your post, I see you went from Lion to the upgrade. My computer is new this summer and came with Yosemite, so it might not be too much of a jump for me. Of course too - they keep upgrading and then the computers eventually can't keep up with it and then eventually you need a new laptop... Only to start once again. Oh well, that's the game...

Happy to see you here, too. xo

Hi, Jean. Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the upgrade. I just upgraded from Lion to Yosemite about six months ago, when my Mac hard drive was "recalled" and replaced, and at the same time switched from PSE 10 to 13. Those changes were fairly uneventful - no mixed up files or mail changes. But I'm still finding things that don't work quite the way I expected, and have no intention of upgrading anything again soon. Learning curves get much more difficult as pulling things that I'm sure I know back out of hiding in my aging brain gets slower at retrieval. I AM relearning patience, with programs and myself. The luddite in me keeps repeating, "If it ain't broke, don't FIX it!" Hope things smooth out for you soon.

Archived