November Forum Game - Count Your Blessings

ValerieT

November is a time for counting our blessings and remembering to be thankful for all that we have. We thought we would help you scrap some of those blessings with our November Count Your Blessings Forum Game.

Tasks will be posted Monday through Saturday. The first day, you will be given a theme for your layouts. The next day you will be given something to add to your layouts and the third day you can post your layouts and talk about them in the thread. Then we will repeat the process with a new theme.

You will be prompted to create 2 layouts a week, for a total of 8 layouts.

Each layout you complete and post in the Count Your Blessings Gallery will be worth one entry in the prize draw to win one of five $5 gift certificates for the Scrap Girls Boutique.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

November 2- Ahh, Families! They are a treasure! Start a layout about your family or a specific relative. Journal about what a blessing that person/people are or why you are thankful to be related to them.

I have been working on my layout all morning, and I have to say I ended up shedding a few tears, but I think I am happy with what I have.

Awww, I'm extending an ehug to you! Working with our photos has that effect on some of us! :)

Big Hugs for you Joyce! I hope you find some comfort in the memories as you scrap....

I worked on my LO today and ended up using a photo of my cousins with my siblings and myself after my grandfather's funeral. I'm using Jennifer's club and I love it!

I have been working on my layout all morning, and I have to say I ended up shedding a few tears, but I think I am happy with what I have.

Thinking of you Joyce as you do this. Big hugs :)

I'm not sure if I can fit this in this month as its getting busy already and a lot to complete before I go away on 10th Dec

Thinking of you Joyce as you do this. Big hugs :)

I'm not sure if I can fit this in this month as its getting busy already and a lot to complete before I go away on 10th Dec

If you can just do one or two, those will be entered into the drawing :)

I found the task to be relatively easy once I decided on which photo and who to use! I am thankful for all my family, but went with my cousins for this since we were all together last month for the first time in years.

Here is mine: Cousins

I'm with Carla in that I found the task relatively easy. It was fun going back through this year's photos to get one of us all together - back to January, and I can really see some changes. I will post once the gallery is up.

Here is mine: Family

Mom and Dad

Will add Journaling to this as I get ahold of the info I need....That is what I had problems with....I know it was in the 1930's but can't put my finger on the things I have stashed "Somewhere" here, .....

My grandchildren are the world to me so I had to make the Family page about them, however their parents are pretty special too.

I found it very easy to do which I really liked for this busy week.

For a change, this task was easy. I knew the exact people, photo and collection I was going to use. This is one of my favorite photos of my boys (includes DH)--also invokes some strong emotion. It was taken after one of DH's sports forums. We would soon learn how drastically our lives were about to change. Little did I know . . . and yes, that's a good thing. :)

Blessings

Supplies:

BMU_SSDLA_12x12_GrungeBlock_2

JZI_AutumnSpice_Scrap Girls Club
BMU_Desktop_Manmade_Zoom
MST_SSAction_PhotoPop
KSC_Rustic Prepster
MPE_SlightlyShabby_Embellishments
SNU_Styles_Shadow Me

Here is my first blessings LO.

I found this easy for 2 reasons : my Dad was an abvious choice as soon as I saw the challenge and also because I decided to make life easy for myself and use Jif and album pages wherever possible to save time. The hardes part perhaps was the journaling - I didnt want it to appear too gushing. My dad would hate that.

Archived