Beautiful Brush Work 10Am Et

April Showers

10:00 a.m. (ET) Beautiful Brushwork

Do brushes intimidate you? Do you sometimes forget to use them in your layouts? Join April (April Showers) in the chat room where we'll explore the versatility of brushes and the different ways you can use them to enhance your digital scrapbook pages.

Post your finished pages in the Digital Scrapbook Day - 2015 - Gallery.

Your challenge is to use two different types of brushes on your layout.

You could use an alpha brush and a grunge brush, a word art brush and a dynamic stitching brush. The combination is up to you! Have fun with it.

There are so many types of brushes, your options are almost endless.

Post your layouts in the Digital Scrapbook Day - 2015 - Gallery by 3:00 a.m. ET (midnight for me) and I'll choose a winner from the posted layouts.

Boutique Brush Categories:

Some of the techniques we discussed:

• Check out the ScrapSimple Handbook and the Scrap Girls Blog for some great tutorials.
  • Create a new layer for your brushwork. This makes it easy to add styles, move the layers and edit them.
  • Add styles to your brushwork
  • Use a layer mask for erasing with a grunge brush.
  • Use a stitching style with dynamic stitching brushes. Use a small round brush to create holes behind your stitching. There are "holes" styles included in the stitching styles sets.
  • Rotate brushes in the Brush Panel
  • Use the Rotate View Tool ® to quickly rotate your page without rotating your brush. You will need to switch back to the brush tool ( B). Using shortcuts makes this way a bit faster.
  • Use a brush to create an embellishment.

Some of the products we highlighted:

And a few (well, maybe more than a few) brushes I really like that I didn't mention in the chat:

• 1 year later...

Archived