Solved! - Christmas Card Printing Help!

Becster

EDIT: Solved, thanks all!

I chose to use SNU_SSCards from 2011, which is apparently retired. But after designing 2+hours (including repairing the photo we want to use), the print size is 6x4 and none of the usual card sites have a 6x4 DIY upload. They are either smaller or larger by like a half an inch. Vista Print can do it a 5x7, but the cost is double what I've always paid and there will be white border (not a huge deal).

What do I do? Get them printed as 4x6 photos and then just buy envelopes at Staples? I've never used this template before and was really looking forward to doing something different this year. *sigh*

Thanks in advance. :-)

Glad you figured it out! Sorry I didn't see this sooner! I am surprised that you didn't find places to print that size. I used to have prints made all the time in that size. But I haven't had anything printed in a while now so could have changed. After the craziness of the holidays I am going to go and look around though because that is still one of my most favorite sizes :)

Would love to see your card design Becky!

• 2 weeks later...

We have 2 local stores that will print the 4X6 as cards and include the envelopes for mailing. I just made an invitation for a retirement party and it only cost .39 cents per print/envelope. You upload your jpeg to their website and an hour later you can go to their store and pick them up. The quality is great. You can check both places online - one is Meijer, the other WalMart. Yes, they have templates however there is a section to "make your own" allowing you to upload your creation without using their template. Just make sure you use a .25 margin all the way around your design so nothing important is cut off.

We have 2 local stores that will print the 4X6 as cards and include the envelopes for mailing. I just made an invitation for a retirement party and it only cost .39 cents per print/envelope. You upload your jpeg to their website and an hour later you can go to their store and pick them up. The quality is great. You can check both places online - one is Meijer, the other WalMart. Yes, they have templates however there is a section to "make your own" allowing you to upload your creation without using their template. Just make sure you use a .25 margin all the way around your design so nothing important is cut off.

This is great information, Lei. I am going to check out Walmart since there's a few around here and I know they also will ship-to-store or directly to your home! Thank you!

Archived