Project Life 2016

mbc72

The details for PL2016:

SG Project Life is a year-long scrapping challenge. The goal is to stay current scrapping the year. There is not a set form, you can take daily photos, scrap weekly layouts, monthly layouts or whatever works for you.

SG Project Life is similar to a Project 52 or 365 which are year long challenges of creating 52 weekly layouts (one for each week of the year) or taking 365 photos (a photo a day) and documenting them. We don't want overwhelm anyone with daunting requirements so we simply give you the challenge to document your year then let you approach this project in a way that meets your individual goals.

Here are some typical formats our members have chosen:

One layout for each week of the year (single or double pages)
A double page layout covering two weeks
One layout (single or double paged) per month
A monthly calendar style layout with or without a companion page.
Scrap the significant events from each month-- some months with more pages than others.
Use "Pocket Life" products to document your year.

You can choose one of these formats or create your own. The way you go about it is really up to you; however, we do have a few requirements if you wish to participate in the "official" SG Project Life for 2016 and be eligible for the associated prizes.

Requirements:
You must post your layouts to the SG Project Life 2016 Gallery in order for them to earn points toward the quarterly drawings
Your photos must be from the current year

In order to receive the participation prize you will need to post 12 layouts (one for each month of 2016) in the gallery.
If you are a hybrid or traditional scrapper, you are welcome to join the challenge too. Simply post photos or scans of your finished pages.

Prizes:

Quarterly Drawing Prize - Digital Layout Template
Winners will be randomly drawn from members who post layouts to the SG Project Life Gallery. Each layout uploaded to this Gallery earns 1 point, a double page earns 2, with a maximum number of points for a month being 4. You may upload more than 4 layouts if you are catching up, but you will only get 4 points for that month.

Each person who completes layouts for the entire year of 2016 (at least one layout for each month of 2016) will receive a participation prize for staying up to date!

So, who's joining me?

Here is the link for a button for those that want one: http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g409/mbc72/0116_PL16_Button_zps7zsr6cpu.png

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I plan to participate. At least, I hope to. I have a lot of catching up to do, lol!

I am also working on some new templates for monthly/weekly layouts. They might not be ready this week, but I will let you know when they're done.

I'm so impressed with those who managed to keep up with scrapbooking on a weekly basis. You're going to have a nice book!

Thanks for posting the link, Melanie! I plan to have many more in the series in the next few weeks/months.

I think I am going to join you all for the first time as well. I'm excited about this! I have never done Project Life but since making those templates, I've gotten some ideas about the misc. photos that I tend to not scrap, or that don't really need a page all to themselves, etc. Yesterday and today I've so far done two two-page spreads from March 2013 and a one-pager from April 2013. And yes, that's where I am chronologically in my scrapping. I know I'll get no judgment from y'all! ;)

Thanks for posting the link, Melanie! I plan to have many more in the series in the next few weeks/months.

I think I am going to join you all for the first time as well. I'm excited about this! I have never done Project Life but since making those templates, I've gotten some ideas about the misc. photos that I tend to not scrap, or that don't really need a page all to themselves, etc. Yesterday and today I've so far done two two-page spreads from March 2013 and a one-pager from April 2013. And yes, that's where I am chronologically in my scrapping. I know I'll get no judgment from y'all! ;)

Hooray! Happy to have you join us, and happy to hear there will be more templates! I think this is the best project for getting those misc. photos onto layouts.

I'm going to try it this year! I do still have a lot of back tracking to though! I have never even done layout for the baby pictures of my kids (20 years late). Haven't even scanned them yet!

Awesome, VictoriaLamar, welcome!

Ok this is it. I have seen these project challenges and thought "oh what wonderful idea, but I would never get there" BUT my attitude this year is to just go ahead and give it a go! So here I am writing down that I am going to give it a go hence taking the first step in making the challenge became a reality. I have looked at many of your previous years projects and they are all amazing!!! Must be awesome to have the actually printed books in your hands.

If there are any specific products you are wanting for your projects from the designers post them here, and I will make sure the designers hear about it. A few of them have mentioned they are working on some things for PL.

Count me in for this year. I've started one or two in the past, but never finished. This year I'm going to 'complete' the year. I think I'll do the monthly layout, as that is the easiest for me to complete. This will also help me in getting out more to take pictures.

I'm loving the new "Monthly Motivators" thread with its encouragement and emphasis on all aspects of self and I've been toying with the idea of making a weekly/monthly page to track my story. At the end of 2015, I bought a 6"x8" weekly calendar with coloring pages to use this year. So, I'm wondering if I could maybe scrap 4"x6" "layouts" that I can glue into the calendar?.... Still thinking..... :)

I might just have a new goodie for all the Project Lifers in the boutique this week1 :)

Ooo, exciting!

I can't wait! :daisy:

Count me in! I love working on these pages. I love looking back through these books.

Thank you for the button!

I am Thinking..............I may change it up a bit this year and just do one LO a Month...Seems my retired life is pretty quiet and if it weren't for the furry kids would have a time LOL....I will do something tho we shall see what I deside.

I'm loving the new "Monthly Motivators" thread with its encouragement and emphasis on all aspects of self and I've been toying with the idea of making a weekly/monthly page to track my story. At the end of 2015, I bought a 6"x8" weekly calendar with coloring pages to use this year. So, I'm wondering if I could maybe scrap 4"x6" "layouts" that I can glue into the calendar?.... Still thinking..... :)

Great idea to incorporate the two!

Archived