Installing Pse 13

Deb C.

I have a MacBook Pro, running Yosemite. I am wanting to install PSE 13 and have never switched to a new version before. I understand you need to be sure all your photos and scrapbooking elements are "connected." So, that being said, if you have photos/elements located on an external hard drive, those items will not be "connected" unless you have the EHD plugged into your laptop. So.....when you install the PSE software, are you supposed to have the EHD plugged into your computer? Or does that even matter?

This is probably a very basic question but I'm a little nervous about doing this correctly.

Also, is it advisable to keep two programs on the same computer? (such as PSE 9 and PSE 13) The reason I might want to do that is that I also have Premiere Elements 9, but don't have that for 13. I am assuming that the program 9 will not work with 13. Does anyone know?

Thanks.

Deb C.

So sorry, Deb - I recently upgraded to PSE 13 on a MacBook Pro but everything was on my computer not an EHD.

My guess would be that you are going to have to somehow tell the computer where to find your supplies but I don't know how to do that or if it's true.

Hopefully someone wll come along soon with some info.

• 1 month later...

When I uploaded PSE 12, I think it asked me if I wanted to import my old actions etc to the new version. I have yet to learn PSE, but I do know if you uninstall your previous versions you will loose the presets. So I'd move all your presets to a folder on the desktop, and once the old versions are uninstalled simply add the saved presets to the new prest folder. Hope that helps. All your photos etc will still be there. It's just the presets that you need to save.

Archived