Scrapbooking 101 - Back To Basics

ValerieT

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For my sketch I think i will be using this one. Not sure which photos yet but as i have many in each set I can surprise myself later

MRE_SSDLOT_WellLoved_Glitter_LO

attachicon.gifMRE_SSDLOT_WellLoved_Glitter_LO web.jpg

Ohhh-ahhhh! There's a template that I've not seen before. Nice! Always fun to see what everyone comes up with in these challenges.

I've picked a sketch to use; as usual, it's very likely to be modified before the page is finished. I found it in my stash, identified as Sketch Tuesday, April 29, 2015, but I didn't record the designer; sorry about that. It accommodates six pictures - or five and a journaling block. And I've chosen five photos. And, of course, I've forgotten how to post an image to the forum, although I'm SURE I saved those directions somewhere. Help would be very welcome.

J

I've picked a sketch to use; as usual, it's very likely to be modified before the page is finished. I found it in my stash, identified as Sketch Tuesday, April 29, 2015, but I didn't record the designer; sorry about that. It accommodates six pictures - or five and a journaling block. And I've chosen five photos. And, of course, I've forgotten how to post an image to the forum, although I'm SURE I saved those directions somewhere. Help would be very welcome.

Valerie has posted the link in #1 on how to post a link.

Now I need to find a template/sketch. I might try to use one from my stash that I haven't used before.

Thanks for the reminder, Laraine; I'd forgotten about the link. But I need to paste an image below; I no longer have the link to the original sketch. I pasted a 4 x 4 jpg image, and got a return message that I am not allowed to paste a file with that extension. So I'm still puzzled. What have I overlooked?

As I have a squillion photos of my first photo set (Hanoi), there's no risk that I could find a template with the same number of photo spots! So for this task I'm using a sketch from the blog by Syndee Rogers-Nuckles.

post-20822-0-03541900-1451983098_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the reminder, Laraine; I'd forgotten about the link. But I need to paste an image below; I no longer have the link to the original sketch. I pasted a 4 x 4 jpg image, and got a return message that I am not allowed to paste a file with that extension. So I'm still puzzled. What have I overlooked?

Jo you need to attach it at the bottom not just paste it. Go to 'more reply options' and scroll down to where it says 'attach files' and browse to where you have it saved on your computer. Then click 'attach file' then 'add to post'. Hope this helps.

Jan 5th

Today we will add our photos to the template. If you did your homework right yesterday, you will need to add or remove one or more photo spots.

So today's homework is simple, add your photos to your layout, add/remove photo spots and rearrange as needed. Then post your progress in this thread.

Jo you need to attach it at the bottom not just paste it. Go to 'more reply options' and scroll down to where it says 'attach files' and browse to where you have it saved on your computer. Then click 'attach file' then 'add to post'. Hope this helps.

Great directions! The only thing I want to add is that you have to have the cursor exactly where you want the image to go in the post. If it's flashing in the middle of a sentence, the image will appear in the middle of your sentence. Ask me how I know ;)

Great directions! The only thing I want to add is that you have to have the cursor exactly where you want the image to go in the post. If it's flashing in the middle of a sentence, the image will appear in the middle of your sentence. Ask me how I know ;)

I don't have to ask why you know, because I've done it too.

...Thanks for the directions for attaching files.....I knew that .....LOLpost-14855-0-74152700-1452013787_thumb.jpg

I removed one of the photo temp and turned one.....

OK - I'm going to try again. Thanks for the help, ladies! I did find the print of April's posting images directions, right where I'd filed it a few years ago. And I found the link. Now to make it work!

This is the image - I hope - of the Sketch Tuesday, May 13, 2010; no designer recorded.

post-3248-0-64299400-1452021377_thumb.jpg

Eureka - it worked! Now for today's progress.

I interpreted the sketch as five photo spots and a large journaling block. I have six photos I want to use, so I added another photo spot for the poster my niece sent with her photos.

post-3248-0-41663900-1452021600_thumb.jpg

Jan 6th

Today we will look at adding some papers. Your template/sketch will have places for papers, they could be anything from full size sheets to small pieces as tabs.

For Today’s homework I want you to add some papers to your layout, but I want you to just use papers from one collection only. Make sure you add papers to each paper layer. When you are done post your progress in this thread.

Archived