Signature Images Not Working?

MrsCropper

Is anyone else having an issue adding siggie image links to their signature? I created a new one yesterday, uploaded it to the siggie gallery but when I try to insert it in my signature via image link, I get the broken image icon. Thinking maybe I had done something wrong, I tried the Christmas siggie I had just removed from my signature and a couple of older ones I had in the gallery, none of them work.

Hi Barbara,

I just changed mine and didn't have any trouble and I see a couple of others who uploaded theirs today and those seem to be fine. Can you give me a link to the one that isn't working for you?

I'll see if I can post it for you or find out what's going on...

Edited to add: Hmmm, I just noticed I don't see a new siggie for you in the Message Board Signatures gallery

I removed the one I just did, thinking I must have done something wrong. But here is the link to the one I had during the holiday's, I'm getting a broken image link for it as well.

http://scrapgirls.net/forum/gallery/image/160708-holiday-signature/

I also tried to add it here as an image link and received this message:"You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

Thanks for your help!

Okay - it posted, but it's larger than what it should be. Signatures should not be any larger than 225 pixels at 72 dpi. Here are a couple of links that may be helpful:

How to Create a Custom Signature

How To Add A Custom Image To Your Forum Signature

Let us know if you need more help. :)

Theresa,

I don't know what is going on in my brain but I cannot get my new siggie to look clear at 72. Whenever I change the resolution it gets all fuzzy. I didn't have this problem when I was making my holiday siggie, I have no idea what I am doing wrong! :angry2:

Any suggestions?

Theresa,

I don't know what is going on in my brain but I cannot get my new siggie to look clear at 72. Whenever I change the resolution it gets all fuzzy. I didn't have this problem when I was making my holiday siggie, I have no idea what I am doing wrong! :angry2:

Any suggestions?

Hmmm, I'm not sure, but when you change to 72 pixels/inch, are you changing the resolution first, then changing the dimensions as shown in Step 6 of the tutorial?

It makes a difference if the pixels/inch are changed first or not. HTH

I cannot put my new siggie up either. I will try again tomorrow.

I just checked your image and it is too large for a signature. I was going to add it for you, but it is too big. You'll need to reduce the size and upload it again. Change the resolution to 72 Pixels/Inch (it is currently 96). Then change the dimensions to 225 Pixels (it is currently 600).

The two most common problems uploading a siggie are:

1. Image Size

- 72 dpi and no more than 225 pixels on the longest side. This looks bad in PS/PSE, but it is fine in your siggy.

- Make sure you crop your image first.

2. Using the wrong link

- You need to use the "image link" that you'll find in the gallery "Options" drop down under "Share Links."

All the years I've been here I've been uploading my siggies to my own gallery. Should I be adding them to the SG Signature Gallery instead or does it matter?

I don't think it really matters Becky - the Gallery was probably put there so there was a place to post them for people like me that don't have a Gallery of their own. I would think it's your own preference! :)

I cannot put my new siggie up either. I will try again tomorrow.

In case you wondered if the Scrap Girl Fairies were at work... :tinkerbell: It wasn't really magic, I resized your siggie, edited the upload and added it to your signature. ;)

Well, if there are gremlins, why can't there be fairies? (named April!) :)

I also created a new biggie, and posted it in the appropriate gallery, and it shows up. But, once more, I can't find the directions for inserting in my signature block. Could somebody please send a link - I know those directions are out there somewhere! Thanks!

I also created a new biggie, and posted it in the appropriate gallery, and it shows up. But, once more, I can't find the directions for inserting in my signature block. Could somebody please send a link - I know those directions are out there somewhere! Thanks!

Hi Jo, here are the instructions: How to Add a Custom Image to Your Forum Signature.

Let us know if you need any more help. :)

Your new signature looks great Jo!

Arggghhhh - still stuck. I found the directions for inserting a new signature, followed them, and everything seemed to work; the new siggy showed in the Edit Box - until I clicked on save changes. Up popped a message that I could not insert more than six lines in the Edit Box. I double checked - the siggy was the correct size, and there are no text lines involved. Once more, HELP please!

Hmmm, I'm not sure why you were getting that message, Jo. Anyway, I went ahead and added the new one for you. ;)

BTW, I love the wonderful cool, frosty colors!

Thank you, Theresa! I think I, or my computer, have "siggy posting disorder" - this is not the first time I've had this, or similar, problems.

Oohhh - I like your siggy, too - something about the frosty blue we both like.

Thank you, Theresa! I think I, or my computer, have "siggy posting disorder" - this is not the first time I've had this, or similar, problems.

Oohhh - I like your siggy, too - something about the frosty blue we both like.

You're very welcome, Jo! Glad I was able to help. :)

Archived