January/february Hybrid Atc Swap!

CRS

It's time for another round of the Hybrid ATC Swap! The theme for this round is "Love is in the Air"! I'm excited to see your interpretations on this one!

If you are interested in joining us, here are some things to know:

The best way to do this seems to be to buy the 9 slot baseball trading card holders. They are designed to fit into a standard 3 ring binder. You can fold the sheets in thirds and fit them into a business sized envelope. Please include return postage in one of the slots, allowing for an extra ounce in case participants are especially exuberant with their bling. If it's not needed, I will return it with your goodies. Also please include a self-addressed envelope. We've found that the larger 6x9 envelopes work better than business sized envelopes but the postage rate is the same. When you mail the envelope to me, the post office people will tell you if there's a non-machinable surcharge. A great hint is to use your own address as the return address in case it gets "returned" for any reason.

Sign up in this thread by Thursday, January 7th. On Friday, January 8th, I'll PM everyone and let you know how many to make and my addresses. Please have them to me by February 1st! If I get them all sooner, I'll return them to you sooner.

Who's in??

Carla

Brooke

Lauren

Kelly

Monica

Jack

Andrea-rose

Lei

Ann

Laura

Karen

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got you down, Karen!

So, make 11 and send me 10. I'll PM everyone my address later today. Remember, the deadline is February 1st. I know it's a short time, but I want you all to have them by Valentine's Day!

Did you all hear that loud "whap"? That was inspiration hitting me on the head! Unfortunately (yeah, right) I will need to make a trip to Hobby Lobby or Michaels (or both). Don't you just hate when that happens?

Did you all hear that loud "whap"? That was inspiration hitting me on the head! Unfortunately (yeah, right) I will need to make a trip to Hobby Lobby or Michaels (or both). Don't you just hate when that happens?

:hit-head-with-hammer: lol! And I always get inspired on Sundays when Hobby Lobby isn't open. I don't care much for our Michaells.....

Sigh...DH was out of town on Saturday, so I thought it would be a perfect time for Jack and I to work on ours. Wrong! Here's hoping we can find a bit of time after school this week. He has lots of great ideas (lucky kid). Now if only I could think of something...

I could spend hours and hours in the craft stores! Yesterday I went to Jo-Ann's, Michael's and Hobby Lobby! But I only bought one thing at each store using a coupon. I didn't intend to do all that, but none of the stores had everything I needed. And 2 of the 3 things I bought were for Lauren's history exhibit project!

I know this has never happened to any of you. I trudged over to Michaels with coupon in hand and a list of what I needed for my project. Being the disciplined person I am, I walked out with only those items. Well, maybe one extra thing. When I got home and started on the cards, my creative soul took over and sent me in an entirely different direction. Now I don't need any of the things I bought, except the one thing that wasn't on my list in the first place. Production well under way.

:hit-head-with-hammer: lol! And I always get inspired on Sundays when Hobby Lobby isn't open. I don't care much for our Michaells.....

I laughed out loud, Ann, when I read your comment! I can relate to both of you....I'm still thinking and searching for a great idea.

I know this has never happened to any of you. I trudged over to Michaels with coupon in hand and a list of what I needed for my project. Being the disciplined person I am, I walked out with only those items. Well, maybe one extra thing. When I got home and started on the cards, my creative soul took over and sent me in an entirely different direction. Now I don't need any of the things I bought, except the one thing that wasn't on my list in the first place. Production well under way.

Wwwwweeeellllll On my way home from Hobby Lobby, I was like :whew: I should do it this other way!!! So since I'm off tomorrow I will have to work on it and see which way I want to go with them. D'oh!

We got our bling. Now to design the digital and assemble. Gonna try really hard to get it mostly done this weekend. Wish us luck!

BTW, did you notice the "Like This" button on the right side of everyone's posts? I tried to "like" Ann's post, but it kept giving me an error. Gonna be cool when that gets up a running. :D

There should be a little light blue box next to the Like box that says who has liked that post. I see quite a few this afternoon!

Hobby Lobby is a great place of inspiration! It's also a dangerous place for my wallet, lol!

There should be a little light blue box next to the Like box that says who has liked that post. I see quite a few this afternoon!

Hobby Lobby is a great place of inspiration! It's also a dangerous place for my wallet, lol!

Maybe that's why they're closed on Sunday...to give our wallets a rest!

My cards are almost done, but I'm not rushing to finish since the post office is closed Monday.

Archived