Opinions Needed On Using Pse 11 & 13 Please.

countrydi

I'm not real knowledgeable and have a lot to learn about PSE period. I was just barely getting used to 9, then got 11. I think I'm learning more, and getting more comfotable especially considering the little amount of time I give it. I know practice makes perefect, but life gets in the way. When amazon had a great deal to upgrade to PSE 13, I did it even though many said there was quite a learning curve difference from PSE 11, to which I was just barely getting comfortable with. And I had finally taken PSE 9 off my laptop as too many were bogging it down.

My question is, should I take off PSE 11 too and make myself get used to PSE 13? I find myself, when I do open PSE, I go for comfort, and open 11 and I think as long as PSE 11 is still there, I won't attempt learning PSE 13.

Any opinions and help with be very appreciated!!

Thank you!

I don't really have an answer, but I think you're right about comfort. I had PSE 6 on my Mac until this summer when PSE13 was added to my new laptop. I found I didn't even open the newer version because it was so much easier to go back to 6 since I knew it already - nothing to learn!
Until 6 had to be taken off (long story) and I was forced to use 13. I'm still learning, but if 6 was still on the computer, I don't think I would have explored or tried to learn 13.

You might want to try using these tutorials Learn Digital Scrapbooking Using Photoshop Elements to learn the new version. While I haven't used them, the team members that tried them out were impressed.

I think the newer version has more capabilities and so you'll find some things are easier. There is a new tool that can "fix" camera jiggle. Kind of wish that was in CS6!

Archived