Problem With Mre Curls

grammy1

I have used curls before and had no trouble following the tutorial and getting great results. I just purchased MRE curls, and I can not get the one side to delete. I get this message--Could not complete your request becaused the smart object is not directly editable. I tried it on my old curls and get the same message.What happened? Thanks in advance for your help.

Margie

Hi Margie,

I don't know about the curls specifically but if you are working in PSE as I suspect -- I used to get those kind of messages all the time in my program (PSE 6).

I can't readily explain it all - but if you ---

Make that layer active by clicking on it, then

Go to the top and click the "Layer" tab to get the drop-down menu,

Click onto "Simplify layer"

That should work and you should be able to do what you need.

I'm rushing and can't quite get my head together, but someone else might come along to explain the meaning of this (I think Linda did recently in a thread) -- but hopefully this will get it working for you in the meantime.

Good luck and let us know if you need more help!

I have used curls before and had no trouble following the tutorial and getting great results. I just purchased MRE curls, and I can not get the one side to delete. I get this message--Could not complete your request becaused the smart object is not directly editable. I tried it on my old curls and get the same message.What happened? Thanks in advance for your help.

Margie

What/which are the mre curls. Can you be more specific so I can see what you're talking about? Thanks!

I just tried simplifying the layer, and it worked. I would never have known that on my own. Thank you so much! You girls are the best.

Margie

You're so welcome Margie and very happy to return the favor! I can tell you that smart objects drove me crazy over the years until Jody figured out what the problem was. SO happy it worked for you and we're all always happy to help.

Archived