Manipulating Text Boxes

MrsCropper

This weekend's multiple sketch challenge included a text box at the bottom. Can someone please tell me how this is done? I know it didn't have to match the layout but I tried several times and it bugs me I couldn't figure it out :glare:

Here is the sketch so you can see exactly what I'm talking about with the shape.

Thanks in advance!

post-13107-0-43408000-1455770115_thumb.jpg

Hi Barb,

I'm not sure exactly how Andrea created that particular shape for the journaling, but I think it would be easy enough to do with a curve from one of these template sets:

ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Curves

ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Curves 2

Teecee gave you great advice. If you want to make the shape into a mask just clip your photo to the shape. Did you create layers of the sketch?Just select with the wand, and place the shape on it's own layer, then you can clip a photo or anything else to it - or type the journal in the shape. HTH?

What if I want to put the type in the round object on our "template"? and I want the text to not go in a circle around it but to fit to the edges? Make sense?

AND I found in one of the freebies SG so generously offers a png similar to the bottom swoosh which I liked and I clipped my photo to and it worked. Blew me away that I could do this. Now I hooked on this type of thing.

Hugs

L

Hi Barb,

I'm not sure exactly how Andrea created that particular shape for the journaling, but I think it would be easy enough to do with a curve from one of these template sets:

These are great. I'm loving templates. And we can make our own as well as long as it's a PNG. Correct?

What if I want to put the type in the round object on our "template"? and I want the text to not go in a circle around it but to fit to the edges? Make sense?

AND I found in one of the freebies SG so generously offers a png similar to the bottom swoosh which I liked and I clipped my photo to and it worked. Blew me away that I could do this. Now I hooked on this type of thing.

Hugs

L

Hi Leslie Ann,

Here are some great templates to help you type around the edges of a circle and other shapes:

ScrapSimple Type Paths: Shape Up

ScrapSimple Type Paths: Flourishes and Swirls

ScrapSimple Type Paths: Summer

ScrapSimple Type Paths: Spring

ScrapSimple Type Paths: Brackets

ScrapSimple Type Paths: Fall

ScrapSimple Type Paths: Halloween

Value Pack: Type Paths

Hi Barb,

These are great. I'm loving templates. And we can make our own as well as long as it's a PNG. Correct?

If I understand your question - you can make your own anything using any products and it could be in PNG, JPEG, or PSD. You would just want to remember that when you use your creation in a layout you should credit the designer/product you used. Another thing to keep in mind is that if you plan to use any products for S4H/S4O (Scrap for Hire/Scrap for Others) or Commercial Use, you would need to obtain the appropriate license and comply with Scrap Girls Terms of Use.

You can find more information here:

Scrap Girls Terms of Use and Licensing Terms - Personal Use License

Commercial Licensing Terms

Archived