Best way to organise scrapbooking supplies in Windows 10

jcadiram

Hi everyone,

I've just moved from a Mac to a Windows 10 machine and am wondering the best way is to organise my scrapbooking supplies/elements/kits.

I used to use Adobe Bridge on my Mac, but Bridge doesn't play with Windows 10 and high screen resolutions.

I have just started using Lightroom to sort my photos, and while I could sort my digital supplies in Lightroom (I think) I don't want them mixed in with my photos. I am really hoping for an alternative to Bridge, which will allow me sort, catalogue, add metadata and generally browse my elements easily,

Thanks, Jay

Hi Jay!

I'm not sure of an alternative that allows you to do all that Bridge does. To sort elements, I use my file structure, not a specific program. Then, I use Picasa as a search engine to look through those folders. I know Picasa is no longer going to be supported by Google, but it's still available for download.

That said, one of the things that I'm trying is an app called SageThumbs. It allows me to see thumbnails of my PSD and EPS files via File Explorer. Then, I can search using the built-in Windows search engine. I'm still playing with it and I don't tag my files, so I'm not sure if I recommend it or not...

HTH

Archived