Sign in to follow this  
shumi18

Are the Photographers Prefer Lightroom more?

I have seen many of the photographers do their editing task mostly in Lightroom. Are the photographers prefer lightroom more than Photoshop now a days for editing photos?

It all depends if you're an avid photographer. I have Lightroom, but I hardly ever use it. I need to go through tutorials to learn it better I guess. I want to get serious about my photography and then I'll probably use it more.

I use Lightroom, but not exclusively, for editing my photos. The controls are very similar to Adobe Camera Raw. It is a fast and effective way to process raw files.

I usually fix the exposure, highlights, shadows and grain (if it is an issue with my photo) in Lightroom, then I open it in Photoshop if it needs more work or to use in on a scrapbook page.

I really enjoy lightroom, now. It was a BIG learning curve in the beginning but once I got the hang of it, I use it all the time now. I am also using it for cataloguing my digital scrap products and this has proved really time saving for me. I still use photoshop for my scrapping but most of my photo work I do in lightroom.

I don't have Lightroom, although my brother in law (professional photographer & professor) really thinks I should. I agree with April; the Camera Raw that's included in PSE works just fine. Why spend time, or money, on another tool?

Many of the photos I use were taken, and edited, by DH, who has a PC and uses ACDC, and I rarely need to tweak those. I think this is entirely a matter of personal preference.

My friend that is a photographer said that Lightroom is mostly for editing photos and making them better as photos. Photoshop is then for making them artsy.

It all depends if you're an avid photographer. I have Lightroom, but I hardly ever use it. I need to go through tutorials to learn it better I guess. I want to get serious about my photography and then I'll probably use it more.

I am completely agree with you as well. If you are not comfortable with lightroom then there is no need to use it.

I use Lightroom, but not exclusively, for editing my photos. The controls are very similar to Adobe Camera Raw. It is a fast and effective way to process raw files.

I usually fix the exposure, highlights, shadows and grain (if it is an issue with my photo) in Lightroom, then I open it in Photoshop if it needs more work or to use in on a scrapbook page.

Thank you Diva for sharing your own experience here with us. Its helpful :)

I really enjoy lightroom, now. It was a BIG learning curve in the beginning but once I got the hang of it, I use it all the time now. I am also using it for cataloguing my digital scrap products and this has proved really time saving for me. I still use photoshop for my scrapping but most of my photo work I do in lightroom.

So you do prefer to use lightroom more than Photoshop, its cool! As you are now expert on both lightroom and photoshop, so you can tell the difference between them more. Thank you for sharing your preference here :)