Midwest Meet-up 2016

Is anyone interested in doing a meet-up this fall in the midwest? I'm looking at vacation time planning and want to allocate some time to this.

We usually meet in October. The only weekend I'm booked is October 7 - 9. Other than that, I'm open. Also, Tamara is getting married in November. Flights are outrageous at the moment, so I'm not sure I'll go to that, but that decision may affect attending a meet up.

So we'll start with - Who is interested? AND Where do you want to meet?

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be moving farther west this summer, so I could probably do a meet up. Dh's new job will not require him to work 1 weekend a month like he has in the past, so that opens things up. But since we are moving, I have no idea what to expect in terms of school and sports yet.

It's funny, I was just thinking about the meetups this morning!

I'll be moving farther west this summer, so I could probably do a meet up. Dh's new job will not require him to work 1 weekend a month like he has in the past, so that opens things up. But since we are moving, I have no idea what to expect in terms of school and sports yet.

It's funny, I was just thinking about the meetups this morning!

Cool! Where are you moving to? Since you're not on FB, I've lost touch with you, that's big news!

I still haven't taken the leap to FB! We're looking at Brandenburg, KY outside of Ft. Knox. I want to say it's only about 4 hours to St. Louis from there, but I can't remember. If that's the case and that is where a meet up is, I'll just drive instead of fly.

Where is midwest? I'd be interested if it's closer to Utah. :)

Midwest has been in St. Louis, Kansas City, and Omaha. Not sure if it's been anywhere else; we tried Des Moines but that didn't get off the ground. Utah is certainly west, but anyone is welcome to come regardless of where they live!

What about the weekend of October 14, 15, 16? Would you all be interested in having it in Illinois? Near Carlyle Lake? It's not a HUGE place for photo walks but we can certainly get some water photos. It's about an hour from the St Louis Airport. I would be happy to try to work out a shuttle if anyone is interested.

I'm in!! (well...if I'm not in the loony bin by then......if so, y'all can meet up there!!!) I don't have any official plans in October so I should be flexible.

Maybe the loony bin would give us a good rate on the doctors' conference room? Teehee!

Where is midwest? I'd be interested if it's closer to Utah. :)

Midwest has been in St. Louis, Kansas City, and Omaha. Not sure if it's been anywhere else; we tried Des Moines but that didn't get off the ground. Utah is certainly west, but anyone is welcome to come regardless of where they live!

The consensus was that Des Moines was too expensive to fly in to.

I'm in!! (well...if I'm not in the loony bin by then......if so, y'all can meet up there!!!) I don't have any official plans in October so I should be flexible.

Maybe the loony bin would give us a good rate on the doctors' conference room? Teehee!

And certainly they have WiFi available...wouldn't want to send anyone over the edge that's so close already...................................

I maybe in the loony bin by then, too. Depends on how this move goes. I'll know more after visiting the area next week. But that's assuming I survive getting this house ready for the homeowners to rent again!

I maybe in the loony bin by then, too. Depends on how this move goes. I'll know more after visiting the area next week. But that's assuming I survive getting this house ready for the homeowners to rent again!

Carla, I know very well your challenges of sanity ahead. Oh, the woes of the household moving forewoman! I think my saving grace was the meetup LAST year...had just relocated and was still feeling the "transplant" woes. Some of the girls prob thought I was way past ready for the looney bin.

Wish I could offer my help...I've gotten this relo thing down to a science now! I so hope that you get to meet up with us. Have fun during your visit next week.

Carla, I know very well your challenges of sanity ahead. Oh, the woes of the household moving forewoman! I think my saving grace was the meetup LAST year...had just relocated and was still feeling the "transplant" woes. Some of the girls prob thought I was way past ready for the looney bin.

Wish I could offer my help...I've gotten this relo thing down to a science now! I so hope that you get to meet up with us. Have fun during your visit next week.

I want to hire you if/when we move, even if just locally! :) (Hey, it'd be a great excuse to see you again, right? LOL)

I want to hire you if/when we move, even if just locally! :) (Hey, it'd be a great excuse to see you again, right? LOL)

Of course!! :sofa:

So far, I've seen these weekends as "not good":

October 7-9 (bad for Michele)

October 14 - 16 (bad for Laura B and Lei)

October 21 - 23 (bad for Cheri)

Which leaves in October:

October 1 - 3

October 28 - 30 (Halloween weekend, is it really OK?)

Who can settle on October 1 - 3 so we can start talking location? Or do we need to think about September?

I went to a meet up just before we moved to MD and I was stressed beyond belief! First time moving with kids and doing it solo was not fun. It didn't help that dh was home with the kids for the weekend and kept calling to give me updates that were not what I wanted to hear!

Hopefully whatever weekend you decide on will work for me since I have no idea what will be happening once we settle into a new school.

Hi Everyone - It sounds like you all are going to have a great time. I won't be able to make it this year though. My nephew is getting married in October on North Carolina so we need to save all our pennies for that trip.

• 2 weeks later...

So far, I've seen these weekends as "not good":

October 7-9 (bad for Michele)

October 14 - 16 (bad for Laura B and Lei)

October 21 - 23 (bad for Cheri)

Which leaves in October:

October 1 - 3

October 28 - 30 (Halloween weekend, is it really OK?)

Who can settle on October 1 - 3 so we can start talking location? Or do we need to think about September?

Halloween wouldn't make a difference to me so much...but I think the first weekend sounds like the best bet for everyone????

• 2 weeks later...

Archived