Midwest Meet-up 2016

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did some preliminary research on the food/snacks availability near the hotel.

The hotel does offer breakfast. Their website promises eggs, bacon, fresh fruit, yogurt and cinnamon rolls.

As far as lunches and dinners, Google Maps shows plenty of options near the hotel:

Panera Bread

Jimmy Johns

Qdoba

Little Caesars Pizza

Cracker Barrel

Cold Stone Creamery

Golden Corral

Crazy Bowls & Wraps

54th Street Grill & Bar

Starbucks

Texas Roadhouse

Subway

Buffalo Wild Wings

We're also right by a Target and a Dierbergs (grocery store)... so we can pick up any bottled water, drinks, or snacks we might need in addition to what people bring.

2 more days!!!

:gathering:

Ugh...i'm sorry it looks like I will have to miss this one. I tried everything, even thought about coming in after the football game Friday night. But with Gary being gone most of this week and all weekend, and some more activities that the boys have that popped up on Saturday it just doesn't look like I will be able to make it.

I'm so bummed because I really wanted this weekend away, but i'm sure you other mom's know sometimes we come last and have to put kid/husband/work in front of us

Ugh...i'm sorry it looks like I will have to miss this one. I tried everything, even thought about coming in after the football game Friday night. But with Gary being gone most of this week and all weekend, and some more activities that the boys have that popped up on Saturday it just doesn't look like I will be able to make it.

I'm so bummed because I really wanted this weekend away, but i'm sure you other mom's know sometimes we come last and have to put kid/husband/work in front of us

Totally unacceptable...but I DO understand!! You will be missed!!

AND, I'm sure I can speak for Cheri-our trips will not be as entertaining as in previous trips! (what happens in the party van stays in the party van.....)

Maybe we can schedule a spring meet up next year, seems maybe it's not as busy for some?

I did some preliminary research on the food/snacks availability near the hotel.

The hotel does offer breakfast. Their website promises eggs, bacon, fresh fruit, yogurt and cinnamon rolls.

As far as lunches and dinners, Google Maps shows plenty of options near the hotel:

Panera Bread

Jimmy Johns

Qdoba

Little Caesars Pizza

Cracker Barrel

Cold Stone Creamery

Golden Corral

Crazy Bowls & Wraps

54th Street Grill & Bar

Starbucks

Texas Roadhouse

Subway

Buffalo Wild Wings

We're also right by a Target and a Dierbergs (grocery store)... so we can pick up any bottled water, drinks, or snacks we might need in addition to what people bring.

2 more days!!!

:gathering:

Sounds perfect!!

I can do either, or both. I live about 15 min from the airport. Actually, Theresa, I could pick you up at home also. Whatever you all decide, just let me know.

So, if you do this, do I need to pick anyone up from the airport? We should have plenty of vehicles then too, so I don't need my sister's van, right?

Oh, I am so excited! Can't wait to see you all!

I'm still coming into the airport. I posted my flights awhile ago. Let me know if you can't find them and I'll post again.

We'll miss you. Bummed you can't make it either.

Michele

I can do either, or both. I live about 15 min from the airport. Actually, Theresa, I could pick you up at home also. Whatever you all decide, just let me know.

So, if you do this, do I need to pick anyone up from the airport? We should have plenty of vehicles then too, so I don't need my sister's van, right?

I think Michele is the only one flying in. There is no need for you to come in to the airport when I am right here. I will make sure Theresa knows I can pick her up.

Sorry you can't make it we will miss you.

I'm still coming into the airport. I posted my flights awhile ago. Let me know if you can't find them and I'll post again.

I see you are coming in around 1:00, but which airline?

Sorry I'm being so quiet on this thread. It's been a crazy, crazy busy week. I'm looking forward to SITTING and relaxing and scrapping and visiting. Oh yeah, and continuing my 1/2 marathon training. I MUST do 2 runs during the meet-up, and possibly 3. So I may disappear shortly after arrival tomorrow afternoon/evening to run 3 miles.

Okay...so....I have a wrinkle for travel plans today. I have to get a replacement window to replace a truck window that was broken yesterday....It was ordered yesterday but I won't know until 8 or after what time it will be in. This adds an hour to my "to dos" to get done before I can leave. I was hoping to leave by noon, I doubt that happens now. IF I can get it and be on the road by 3, that would put me at STL at the end of rush hour and might not be too bad. (what are your thoughts on that timing local peeps??) I don't want to drive much later than that...by myself...in the dark...through the city.... Otherwise, I will leave between 6 and 7 in the morning...I will keep you updated. Updates after noon today I will send to Tiza.

I hope they put a rush on it for you Conda! Good Luck with it!

I'll be heading out after DH gets home from the dr. appt. He's there right now. I want a full report from him while it's fresh in his mind. Otherwise, he'll forget and I'll never know the status of his knee!

Off to pack and get ready!

Bummer! Hopefully next time!

Okay...so....I have a wrinkle for travel plans today. I have to get a replacement window to replace a truck window that was broken yesterday....It was ordered yesterday but I won't know until 8 or after what time it will be in. This adds an hour to my "to dos" to get done before I can leave. I was hoping to leave by noon, I doubt that happens now. IF I can get it and be on the road by 3, that would put me at STL at the end of rush hour and might not be too bad. (what are your thoughts on that timing local peeps??) I don't want to drive much later than that...by myself...in the dark...through the city.... Otherwise, I will leave between 6 and 7 in the morning...I will keep you updated. Updates after noon today I will send to Tiza.

Conda, usually traffic isn't bad if you are coming into St Louis but you should be fine. Rush Hour usually clears around 5:30-6ish. Call me if you need any help or have any questions: 618-444-9631.

Conda, usually traffic isn't bad if you are coming into St Louis but you should be fine. Rush Hour usually clears around 5:30-6ish. Call me if you need any help or have any questions: 618-444-9631.

I will put your number in my phone, thank you!

Today! I am so excited! I can't wait to see you all. I am not sure when I will be there. My grandmother is having surgery today ( and my poor Lucy Dog is having surgery tomorrow so I will have to run home and take her to the vet, and pick her up in the late afternoon). I am hoping to get there by late afternoon, before dinner.

As far as food and stuff goes, Tiza did a great job with the local joints with in a mile of the hotel. There are tons of options so if you are hungry for something, I can guarantee you will find it. I was going to make a suggestion of Shogun Japanese Steakhouse. You are seated in front of a grill and the chef cooks the food in front of you (fried rice, veggies and meat). It's an entertaining meal. Just a thought.

Also, there is Dierburgs, which is a huge grocery store. That is in the area of the hotel as well.

If everyone would text me their number, I would be grateful. Then, I can send the group the phone numbers so we all have them in case we need anything. If you could, please text me at 618-444-9631. See ya soon!

Archived