9th April weekend challenge

alsoarty

I have a love for doors - the colors, size, styles, different and inspiring doors. Doors are the first thing you see when entering a building or house. (I have a board on Pinterest just for doors!) My challenge is for you to find a door that inspires you. It can be the the color, shape, or the embossed pattern/carvings, even the handle or window of a door. I am obsessed and want to visit the fairy doors found all over Ann Arbor, Michigan.

You can see them all here:

Urban fairy doors

Post your door-inspired layout in the Wildcard Weekend Challenge Gallery, and please post a photo of the door that inspired your layout.

Here is the link to my layout

And the door that inspired me. This red door

post-19737-0-49613500-1460182126_thumb.png

I have a love for doors - the colors, size, styles, different and inspiring doors. Doors are the first thing you see when entering a building or house. (I have a board on Pinterest just for doors!) My challenge is for you to find a door that inspires you. It can be the the color, shape, or the embossed pattern/carvings, even the handle or window of a door. I am obsessed and want to visit the fairy doors found all over Ann Arbor, Michigan.

You can see them all here:

Urban fairy doors

Post your door-inspired layout in the Wildcard Weekend Challenge Gallery, and please post a photo of the door that inspired your layout.

Here is the link to my layout

And the door that inspired me. This red door

My M-I-L lives in Ann Arbor!! How did I not know about these fairy doors!!! :wub::wub::wub:

Fairy doors? Awesome. I also love doors and have a Pinterest page for them! I have plenty of my own pics to choose from for this challenge, after I check out the Fairy Doors link (thanks!)

Here's one...

Back Patio Door

And another...

China Camp Door

and another...since I didn't read the instructions DOH! Guess I have another day to actually do a layout inspired by, not of, a door.

My Dad's Childhood Home Door

Here is Going Out of the Door. This was the perfect challenge to showcase this photo, taken when my son John moved out to his first apartment. I was taking pictures and feeling a little weepy. He was super excited, but still posed for me.

I used inspiration from a fairy door found here. It was white, so I framed John (in the open door) inside a white door.

I know I already submitted a layout for this challenge and so I won't get credit for this, but I wanted to do another one. Fraunces Tavern is one if my favorite historical buildings in Manhattan that I love. To think that this is where George Washington gave his farewell to his troops after we won the War of Independence.

Fraunces Tavern

His farewell: "With a heart full of love and gratitude I now take leave of you; I most devoutly wish that your later days may be as prosperous and happy as your former ones have been glorious and honorable." Having drunk, he added, "I cannot come to each of you to take my leave, but shall be obliged to you if each of you will come and take me by the hand." General Knox, being nearest, turned to him. Incapable of utterance, Washington grasped his hand, and embraced him. In the same affectionate manner he took leave of each succeeding officer. In every eye was the tear of dignified sensibility; and not a word was articulated to interrupt the majestic silence and the tenderness of the scene. Leaving the room, he passed through the corps of light infantry, and walked to Whitehall, where a barge waited to carry him to Powles' Hook. The whole company followed in mute and solemn procession, with dejected countenances, testifying feelings of delicious melancholy, which no language can describe. Having entered the barge, he turned to the company, and, waving his hat, bade them a silent adieu. They paid him the same affectionate compliment, and, after the barge had left them, returned in the same solemn manner to the place where they had assembled.

Archived